1. I have a feeling it will be played acoustically next tour, just Edge and Bono. Hoping for full band and for it to definitely be played.
  2. Wait, that has sounded very pretentious!

I'm ... not saying ... that I can sing ... like Bono.

Oh fuck it, of course I can!! hahahaha

I might have a bit of alcohol on my side right now so forgive me, but I nail Wild Horses. In fact I might record a cover tomorrow. Or summat.
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:I have a feeling it will be played acoustically next tour, just Edge and Bono. Hoping for full band and for it to definitely be played.

That'd work for me - like Stay, I'd love to have seen it full band but seeing it acoustic at Glasto was absolutely magical. Or something like the impromptu version from Honolulu with the chap on piano - if Bono could play keys on Sweetest Thing, he could definitely play chords for WGRYWH but that's about as likely as.... something very unlikely.

Deal. That's two on vox and guitars, it'd be like U2 meets Tenacious D.
    Originally posted by LikeASong:Wait, that has sounded very pretentious!

I'm ... not saying ... that I can sing ... like Bono.

Oh fuck it, of course I can!! hahahaha

I might have a bit of alcohol on my side right now so forgive me, but I nail Wild Horses. In fact I might record a cover tomorrow. Or summat.

I could do with a glass of something, payday can't come soon enough. I'm desperately trying to start writing my own stuff again, but nothing's clicking at the mo, so I might be joining you on the covers front...

If I drop it from G to say F, I've got a better hold on the notes, but I'm so out of practise I dare not sing lest I break a window.

[And on that note, you can all consider yourselves as having been multi-quoted. Here sporadically!]

PS - hey Ali! Right back at you, fella
  4. I'm writing lots of stuff lately, I just never got around to finish it properly. The lasT time i fully wrote a song (aka guitars plus lyrics plus bass and melodies) was around... May? so I better start on that again and get some things finished.

fuinnily ennough, one of the last ideas i had, derivated from a verse/image of this song we're discussing... Under the trees, the river laughing at you and me...

Harry, feel free to drop by. Got plenty of glasses to fulfill your thirst. although payday can't come soon enough for me either!!

5. I'm a man of my word.

One take, no edits, just as it came out (not the best sound either, just my camera's microphone). There are some mistakes but hell, what's life without mistakes and improvisation? I hope it's enjoyable anyway. Thanks in advance for watching!

6. A female U2 fan from the Netherlands has watched the cover and has asked me by Youtube-PM to go there and meet her hahaha
  7. Oh that was just me Sergio

But it sounds goo and Horses is a great song, hope they will bring it back next tour.
  8. I knew it was some ugly, fat, male guy just trolling me.......
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I think it never got the right attention (maybe they didn't get it right in their opinion) in the Zoo TV tour, that's why it was dropped for New Year's Day mid-tour... Don't know.

I love this song too ....i dont know exactly why they dropped from the setlist but they had many problems playing it many times .... even during the Vertigo tour they were problems with this songs ( Bono many times ruined the song )
  10. So the version of this song in the video (
    ), is the single version right? It sounds like the temple bar remix but not quite. There is about 7 more seconds of song, mostly or maybe entirely added to make the intro a little longer, and there is electric guitar right from the first few seconds. Are these unique to the video or is there a recorded version that has the guitar and longer intro? I really want to trade out the video version for the album version on my ipod and the temple bar missing those crashing guitar sounds at the start is really disappointing!

btw, Nice cover LikeASong!
  11. Yes, I believe it's the single version.

The Kindergarten version is the best version of the song though.
  12. Agree. The album version is one of my all-time favourite U2 tracks, in fact it was the first AB song I fell in love with - but the Kindergarten version is THE version for me. It's the definitive version of it. Absolutely astounding.