1. Originally posted by WojBhoy:I know I'm hardly around these days, but given the topic, it's a travesty that I haven't ever posted something in it.

Needless to say, still my favourite song by any artist to this day. Has some competition, for sure, but gets me every time. G chords at the ready...

G chords all the way!!! Welcome back Harry, you've been missed, dude! I knew you'd pop up when you saw this topic though
  2. Believe it or not, there are LOTS of fans that haven't seen/heard this version and video:

3. It's funny. In this version, you can hear a little better when Bono laughs (well, more or less) at the "Baby, can we still be friends?" verse. And it cracks me when he's lip-syncing to the video at the end but leaves un-synced some parts, like they're too painful to say... Notably the "Who's gonna taste your ***AAAHH*** (salt watter kisses)" and the "Who's gonna take ***ohfuck*** (the place of me)" parts. Oh man how I love it.

4. Thank you for mentioning this version! I adore the baby version! Maybe even more than the AB version. It's very different. The lyrics are very intense. It is interesting to hear the genesis of the song.

Although I didn't see the Vertigo tour, I was glad to hear they brought the song back. BUT I don't like that Bono cut the lyrics. The whole meaning of the song is lost with all of those 'Ohhhh' during the "took a drive" part. The "heaven's white rose..." lyrics are so beautiful. So if they bring the song back for the next tour I'd like to hear the song with all of the words. I'd even take a snippet.

Anyway, either version, the song is a classic!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's funny. In this version, you can hear a little better when Bono laughs (well, more or less) at the "Baby, can we still be friends?" verse. And it cracks me when he's lip-syncing to the video at the end but leaves un-synced some parts, like they're too painful to say... Notably the "Who's gonna taste your ***AAAHH*** (salt watter kisses)" and the "Who's gonna take ***ohfuck*** (the place of me)" parts. Oh man how I love it.

Thanks for posting the video. Don't know if I've seen this version. I do love the ending when Bono messes up the words. Then walks off! Guess he was annoyed.
  6. Originally posted by Penelope:[..]

Thanks for posting the video. Don't know if I've seen this version. I do love the ending when Bono messes up the words. Then walks off! Guess he was annoyed.

They could have re-recorded it no problem (I'm sure that wasn't the only cut they got)... I think it's great they left it there. It gives a special feeling of anger to the end of the song (precisely when the final chorus vocals gets softer). I love every single bit of it.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

G chords all the way!!! Welcome back Harry, you've been missed, dude! I knew you'd pop up when you saw this topic though

Haha, cheers man, you lured me like the hunter who sins for ivory skin. (yep, I've still got 'it' haha)

8. Classical Harryish
  9. LOVE this song. I had not seen this video Sergio. Love the ending

BTW - great to see you around again Harry...I thought it must be you when I saw this topic bumped, turned out wrong, but still great to hear from ya

10. It's on the Best of 1990-2000 DVD, that's where I first witnessed it and then it subsequently became one of my favourite U2 songs.
  11. That vid is basically what a music video should be, methinks. I love the mixing in of the live footage in slow-mo, especially with Edge flying around on stage, just adds a realness to it. Gutted to think I'll probably never see it played live, but then if I ever get a band together (one can but hope!) maybe I'll just have to play it myself, although how I'd get around the high notes at the end is anyone's guess...
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy:That vid is basically what a music video should be, methinks. I love the mixing in of the live footage in slow-mo, especially with Edge flying around on stage, just adds a realness to it. Gutted to think I'll probably never see it played live, but then if I ever get a band together (one can but hope!) maybe I'll just have to play it myself, although how I'd get around the high notes at the end is anyone's guess...

Hire me to sing in your band