1. yes but all of these that you mentioned are the classics that can’t miss in a sort of way
  2. If they can go a whole tour without playing WOWY and Streets they can drop elevation and vertigo. They songs weren’t around in the early 90’s when they were playing some of their best shows.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    If they can go a whole tour without playing WOWY and Streets they can drop elevation and vertigo. They songs weren’t around in the early 90’s when they were playing some of their best shows.
    damn we really hate elevation and vertigo. but idk wowy and streets are essential in the end, the two’s of 00’s can easily go but they play it because i think that Bono loves these 2 so much
  4. Originally posted by thalloween:[..]
    damn we really hate elevation and vertigo. but idk wowy and streets are essential in the end, the two’s of 00’s can easily go but they play it because i think that Bono loves these 2 so much
    It does seem like Bono and maybe even the whole band enjoy playing elevation and vertigo more at this point. They are much more recent songs and been played much less times than streets and WOWY but they’re nowhere near as good imo. I think that’s what it comes to really with they ones for me, not just that they won’t get dropped but that there’s literally 100 U2 songs I would pick before them. I still keep going back to my idea of rotate the hits which bring in a few more spaces in the Setlist for less regularly played stuff.
  5. Elevation-BD and Vertigo rock a stadium more than anything else in the entire back catalogue.

I know which I’d play if I wanted to make a room come to life.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:Elevation-BD and Vertigo rock a stadium more than anything else in the entire back catalogue.

I know which I’d play if I wanted to make a room come to life.
    Rocking a stadium isn’t the only criteria of a great gig though, they managed alright during zoo tv without them. But it will be the reaction the songs get that make the band want to play them not much doubt about that.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Rocking a stadium isn’t the only criteria of a great gig though, they managed alright during zoo tv without them. But it will be the reaction the songs get that make the band want to play them not much doubt about that.
    Nobody said it's the only criteria and they did have a catalogue of 'rocking songs' during that time.

The band will play what they want to - irrelevant of reaction or whether a room comes to life. See the start of ZooTV in Lakeland: "Why didn't you play much of the old stuff?" Response: "Didn't want to."
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Nobody said it's the only criteria and they did have a catalogue of 'rocking songs' during that time.

The band will play what they want to - irrelevant of reaction or whether a room comes to life. See the start of ZooTV in Lakeland: "Why didn't you play much of the old stuff?" Response: "Didn't want to."
    You misread what I was saying of course they had rocking songs during zoo tv I meant they managed alright without elevation and vertigo back then. And yes and no with your 2nd point. They play a mixture of songs they want to play and songs the audience want to hear, Adam has even said they exact words pretty much before. There’s no doubt that elevation and vertigo are played because of the reaction they get, they’ll love that feeling on stage seeing the crowd react like that. Even during zoo tv that was just a cool response to say at the time but it’s no coincidence that alongside the new songs they played some of the more well known songs from the other albums.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

They were a completely different band in 1992 compared to 2001 and to 2022. They had the balls to kick off a show with a block of eight new songs and don't give a shit about crowds wanting to hear the 80s hits.

Go tell that to the guys that toured The Joshua Tree not once but twice.
  10. Well, they opened the 360 tour with 4 new songs. And played a total of 7 new songs. That's pretty good if you ask me.
  11. Yep they did the same with I&E and E&I as well playing at least 7 new songs every night of the tour more on a good few occasions and 24 new songs combined over the 2 tours. I doubt you’ll find another band out there that give so much new material a chance on tour.
  12. all this discussion collapses when I remind you that in 2018 the band stated that this song was always difficult for them to play live