1. Exactly I would die to hear them play Last Night on Earth... or anything else from Pop (or Zooropa) Zoo encore was ok but it's not so special when they already play Achtung songs in the regular set because they are "classics"... plus i think that they are abusing the "back to the roots" theme too much in the *last two decades, Elevation tour was kinda back to the roots, Vertigo tour was heavily back to the roots with songs from Boy, October and Zoo encore and IE tour is back to the roots with a pinch of innocence i just hope that they will play some interesting songs that haven't been played in a while #GimmePopEncore
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[
    I have a real soft spot for All That You Can't Leave Behind; it's the album that made me a U2 fan. I was just a kid who picked it up because I thought Elevation was cool.

are you me?? that's totally my story, too and then realizing my dad played JT and red rocks a thousand times to me without me realizing it was the same band.

but yeah, a shame about pop. it's one of my favourite albums, so I wish they'd give it a little more love.
  3. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]

are you me?? that's totally my story, too and then realizing my dad played JT and red rocks a thousand times to me without me realizing it was the same band.

but yeah, a shame about pop. it's one of my favourite albums, so I wish they'd give it a little more love.
    I first fell for them at age 8 because of HMTMKMKM/Batman because I was obsessed with Batman. I remember hearing Staring At The Sun and thinking "Oh that's that band from Batman Forever!" and didn't really think much else of it.

My parents were fans but never really owned any albums or played their music from what I can remember.
  4. I can't say I'm surprised. The band made it very clear that they would rather forget Pop. I was hoping that they would take some of the safer songs from that album, but it looks like they will continue that full out embargo.
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:I can't say I'm surprised. The band made it very clear that they would rather forget Pop. I was hoping that they would take some of the safer songs from that album, but it looks like they will continue that full out embargo.
    Still unbelievable, Please or Gone would still work.
  6. I was thinking Please, Gone, Staring at the Sun, and maybe Last Night On Earth as potential candidates, but if they wanted to play things super safe with Pop, they know that Gone and Staring at the Sun worked as setlist staples during Elevation,
  7. During 360 Tour. I saw them 5 times, 36 songs( no snippets included). Not bad at all for U2.

· 360° Tour (5)

· 2009-07-11 - Paris
      · 2009-07-20 - Amsterdam
      · 2009-07-21 - Amsterdam
      · 2010-08-12 - Hannover
      · 2010-09-22 - Brussels
    We found 36 different songs played during these shows.

· Beautiful Day (5 times)
    · City Of Blinding Lights (5 times)
    · Get On Your Boots (5 times)
    · I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (5 times)
    · Magnificent (5 times)
    · MLK (5 times)
    · Moment of Surrender (5 times)
    · One (5 times)
    · Sunday Bloody Sunday (5 times)
    · Vertigo (5 times)
    · Walk On (5 times)
    · Where The Streets Have No Name (5 times)
    · With Or Without You (5 times)
    · I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (4 times)
    · In A Little While (4 times)
    · Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (4 times)
    · Breathe (3 times)
    · Elevation (3 times)
    · Mysterious Ways (3 times)
    · No Line On The Horizon (3 times)
    · Pride (In The Name Of Love) (3 times)
    · The Unforgettable Fire (3 times)
    · Until The End Of The World (3 times)
    · Desire (2 times)
    · Miss Sarajevo (2 times)
    · Return Of The Stingray Guitar (2 times)
    · Unknown Caller (2 times)
    · Angel Of Harlem (1 time)
    · Bad (1 time)
    · Glastonbury (1 time)
    · Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (1 time)
    · I Will Follow (1 time)
    · Mercy (1 time)
    · New Year's Day (1 time)
    · North Star (1 time)
    · Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (1 time)

I will see them 3 times the next tour. How many songs will the play then?I do hope they wil suprise us with songs never played before. Experience boys!!!!.
  8. Listening to Joshua Tree tour - Boston soundboard this morning (amazing drum sound) and thought "Trip through your wires" would be nice to hear again and not too hard to play
  9. Originally posted by hkle77:During 360 Tour. I saw them 5 times, 36 songs( no snippets included). Not bad at all for U2.

· 360° Tour (5)

· 2009-07-11 - Paris
      · 2009-07-20 - Amsterdam
      · 2009-07-21 - Amsterdam
      · 2010-08-12 - Hannover
      · 2010-09-22 - Brussels
    We found 36 different songs played during these shows.

· Beautiful Day (5 times)
    · City Of Blinding Lights (5 times)
    · Get On Your Boots (5 times)
    · I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (5 times)
    · Magnificent (5 times)
    · MLK (5 times)
    · Moment of Surrender (5 times)
    · One (5 times)
    · Sunday Bloody Sunday (5 times)
    · Vertigo (5 times)
    · Walk On (5 times)
    · Where The Streets Have No Name (5 times)
    · With Or Without You (5 times)
    · I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (4 times)
    · In A Little While (4 times)
    · Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (4 times)
    · Breathe (3 times)
    · Elevation (3 times)
    · Mysterious Ways (3 times)
    · No Line On The Horizon (3 times)
    · Pride (In The Name Of Love) (3 times)
    · The Unforgettable Fire (3 times)
    · Until The End Of The World (3 times)
    · Desire (2 times)
    · Miss Sarajevo (2 times)
    · Return Of The Stingray Guitar (2 times)
    · Unknown Caller (2 times)
    · Angel Of Harlem (1 time)
    · Bad (1 time)
    · Glastonbury (1 time)
    · Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (1 time)
    · I Will Follow (1 time)
    · Mercy (1 time)
    · New Year's Day (1 time)
    · North Star (1 time)
    · Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (1 time)

I will see them 3 times the next tour. How many songs will the play then?I do hope they wil suprise us with songs never played before. Experience boys!!!!.
    I loved NLOTH live, hope it makes a return. Sad not to have seen North star
  10. Don't get me started.....
    It's one of the things I truly don't understand about U2..... why on earth would you rather want to forget your masterpiece??
    The recent request-poll must have given them some hints??

My only hope is that they are playing it safe in the US and will introduce more POP songs when they get to Europe...
  11. Since ZOO TV the bloody screen content has really limited their set to such an extent that Willie has had a say in the set list. They need to forget about the bloody screens now we've seen enough of them. Look at the Lovetown tour sets. Different every night.
  12. Totally agree Treasure. Experience.U2 please forget the screens.