1. I love U2 but its time to get out of 2001. The past three tours is was Elevation all over again. Time to bring back Pop. Its like groundhog day the same over and over and over again.
  2. Hardcore fans commenting on forums or retwitting names of songs are a really small percentage of the people attending the concerts or even buying the album (both hardcore and regular fans), not to mention the actual U2 fanbase (including casuals).

Small enough that even if U2 aknowledge the existence of those forums and campaigns, it's nothing more than a fun anecdotical exercise for them.

The way I see it, the dialog between the hardcore fans and U2 is something like this:
    -look! that orange shirt really looked great on you!
    -huh really? mmh... well, maybe I'll use it again someday, but for now I really love the green one that I just bought, so... hey, but thanks anyway! you look great too!
    -you should also change your haircut...
    -yeah... that's not gonna happen... hey, listen, I just wrote a new song! let me sing it for you, ok!
  3. Originally posted by DavePoptart:I love U2 but its time to get out of 2001. The past three tours is was Elevation all over again. Time to bring back Pop. Its like groundhog day the same over and over and over again.
    That's a bit bold, but I sort of agree.....

the new songs I'm really really looking forward to ,

but for crying out loud..... if you can choose between Elevation or Gone.... or between Beautiful Day and Please.......... it should be a no-brainer....
  4. Yeah, the answer would be Elevation and Beautiful Day, all day, every day.
  5. The songs aren't even in similar categories so I can't see how they would ever be put into a position where they would have to choose between one or the other. Please would have to contest with songs that would most likely lead into Streets, so we're talking about Bad, All I Want Is You, Running To Stand Still, and whatever they decide to pick from the new album. Please, while good, would probably be at the bottom of that list. Gone could be swapped with songs like Magnificent, Unknown Caller, etc. I consider Gone to be a much safer/stronger song than Please, so I think that's the best shot.
  6. Ill take Elevation over Gone and Please over beautiful day
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Even the official U2 account retweeted it, so the band must be aware in some way. Ah well, the irony!

Let s wait. It will be a long tour with many nights on the same city and i really really sure they will show us nice surprises ..let s give them time

Or do you think in NY the 8 shows will have only 2/3 songs each night?
  8. simple, they are rehearsing for the north American leg, and pop doesn't fly here (in US). please separate the hopes of people who like pop and those who don't, and with any luck they will play more from pop in other areas of the world and I will be happy to download and listen to them here. sure I would like to see the 4 good songs from pop live in concert again, but give me new York, kite, miracle drug and crumbs or original over the pop songs any day.
  9. Originally posted by patou2:[..]

Let s wait. It will be a long tour with many nights on the same city and i really really sure they will show us nice surprises ..let s give them time

Or do you think in NY the 8 shows will have only 2/3 songs each night?
    I see the NY shows as chunks, 3 or 4 changes per night with maybe just one concert where they really go off script. its those 5th LA and Chicago shows I think/hope the band will use to throw a curveball at the audience...
  10. Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Beautiful Day performed during Fallon and it still sounds way better than Gone and Please
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Beautiful Day performed during Fallon and it still sounds way better than Gone and Please
    Let's call that an opinion, shall we?
  12. Originally posted by ahn1991:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    No