1. Originally posted by treasure:Since ZOO TV the bloody screen content has really limited their set to such an extent that Willie has had a say in the set list. They need to forget about the bloody screens now we've seen enough of them. Look at the Lovetown tour sets. Different every night.
    They're not that band.

They think/believe/are absolutely convinced that it's better to create a well thought out and detailed show than to just go out and play whatever songs they or the audience feel like it.

And that's been proven to be an absolutely succesful strategy for them, and most of the people love it, so really, don't expect them to change it any time soon or you'll feel frustrated about it over and over again.
  2. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    They're not that band.

They think/believe/are absolutely convinced that it's better to create a well thought out and detailed show than to just go out and play whatever songs they or the audience feel like it.

And that's been proven to be an absolutely succesful strategy for them, and most of the people love it, so really, don't expect them to change it any time soon or you'll feel frustrated about it over and over again.
    I don't get the people who complain and then go to five shows in the same tour. Mo one told you that you had to do that!
  3. I was happy with the changes from 2009 to 2011 when I saw them on 360.

4. I'm not going to go so far as to say that Pop was their masterpiece.

Pop was more like their bastard child and everyone was like "wtf is this?" when they first saw it. But after a while some people started saying "well this song isn't that bad if you stop thinking about it" and "hey Gone actually sounds pretty good live" but by the time people grew to like it, it was too late for the band to like it.

Personally, while I still maintain that the album as a whole is definitely U2's weakest by virtue of it feeling incredibly incomplete, I do think it has a core 3-4 songs that hit the mark.

Regarding the screens, ever since ZooTV screens became a necessity at concerts. Yes, most artists don't use them as the centerpiece of their shows, but I don't think U2 will ever relegate screens to a sidelined role.
  5. Isn't there also a lot of irony in this list of songs that there are ZERO songs from U2request in it? (top 10 at least)
  6. Originally posted by Remy:Isn't there also a lot of irony in this list of songs that there are ZERO songs from U2request in it? (top 10 at least)
    incomprehensible!

that U2request wasn't seriious I'm afraid....
  7. It was fan made. U2 had no obligation at all to pay attention to it. It's still a shame, but like I said before, I prefer to wait until the tour is well established. Maybe they have some tricks under their sleeves for NY or the European leg.
  8. yes I know it was fan-made, but did anyone bother to rub it under U2's noses?
    surely, they must have been curious about the outcome?
  9. Well Guy O'Seary retweeted some tweets in the days leading up to the #U2request. So someone involved with the tour was aware of it.
  10. how many people participated in the U2request thing?

I don't know the number but I don't think it was enough for them to think of it more than "huh, that was fun! maybe we should try to do something like that in the future".

Maybe, just maybe, they're actually considering some of those songs to probably include them as the tour progresses, but I don't think they would change their plans based on that exercise.
    (or who knows, perhaps they're rehearsing in secret and next week Acrobat debuts opening the first encore of the tour)
  11. Only ''hardcore'' fans joined in on that, I guess. Maybe that's why they don't really care for the U2Request action?
  12. Originally posted by iTim:Well Guy O'Seary retweeted some tweets in the days leading up to the #U2request. So someone involved with the tour was aware of it.
    Even the official U2 account retweeted it, so the band must be aware in some way. Ah well, the irony!