1. Originally posted by Zoo_Station_DW:I don't think there's any doubt he's had some work done to keep his hair. If he's happier that way then good on him.
    Not everyone can pull off the effortlessly cool shaved head look of Edge.

Id ask for my money back though if he did...the long hair looks worse - and thinner - each tour, downhill after Elevation tour. Contrast that with Elton John - wigs with every bit firmly in place.
    Keep the hair BD video/ES video/2015 length.

I like how obviously follicaly gifted one gets attacked while the true bald guy has been wearing hats for 30+ years.
  2. Originally posted by muzika:[..]

Id ask for my money back though if he did...the long hair looks worse - and thinner - each tour, downhill after Elevation tour. Contrast that with Elton John - wigs with every bit firmly in place.
    Keep the hair BD video/ES video/2015 length.

I like how obviously follicaly gifted one gets attacked while the true bald guy has been wearing hats for 30+ years.
    He suddenly had a thick mane for Elevation, I suspect that was some kind of weave work. His hair looked fuller in 2010 after his accident, as well as on the I&E tour when he went blonde.

And yes, at least he hasn't replaced his hair with a beanie.
  3. Sure doesn't he hang out with hair transplant brigade in the South of France Rod Stewart, Elton John ,Simon Le Bon and Mick Jagger no doubt they all share the same Dermatologist.
  4. I think he's been dyeing his hair since he was a young teenager. I read that his natural color is light brown close to blonde and that it was also somewhat reddish.
  5. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:[..]
    I think he's been dyeing his hair since he was a young teenager. I read that his natural color is light brown close to blonde and that it was also somewhat reddish.
    Yeah the cover of 18 singles is from 1980 right? His hair is very black there so it must be dyed
  6. yeah it's from 1980. Yes I think he's always dyed it in a different way. For instance, during the legendary mullet era, it was mostly blonde on the top and darker on the sides, but I've also seen mullets with total black hair.
  7. I know most people did not like his recent blonde look, but this still remains one of my favorite styles of his. Hair + glasses both great.
  8. Nearly 6 years ago, whut
  9. Yeah I like this too, on the early IE months it looked a bit too yellow imo
  10. Here's a funny excerpt of an interview with focus on the mullet & the blond hair.

ICON: So would you say your Live-Aid-version of the Mullet is considered the worst of all?
    Bono: When I see film clips of it, it’s a humiliating experience. I ask myself: "Who is this weird guy standing as front man of U2?" I’ve made peace with all my past hairstyles; long mane or the buzz haircut, but just not with the mullet. At the moment I’m also hearing a lot about my blond hair. A spanish Journalist recently mocked me by saying: "Your hair has the same colour as chicken wings."

ICON: And you allow that?
    Bono: I sent him chicken wings afterwards, so he could check the colour one more time.

ICON: Even the Wall Street Journal, very diplomatically said that, Bono’s new blond look 'isn’t working'.
    Bono: I don’t care. My face was boring me. Whenever I caught my reflection on the window I thought: "Who is this guy anyway?" For our recent album 'Songs of innocence' we didn’t only get inspired with the music we grew up with from the late 70s, I was also inspired by the photos of the artists of that time, many of them had platinum blond hair. Billy Idol with 'Generation X' or Gary Numan with 'Tubeway Army' or 'The Police.' Back then we coloured our hair the 'do it yourself'-way.

ICON: Is that how you did it this time as well?
    Bono: No. Even though there’re members in our band who say it looks like I did it myself (laughs). I went to a professional and said to the hairdresser: "Dye my hair blond but make it look like I did it myself." He was very confused: "You’re paying me a lot of money to dye your hair but want it to look like you had done it yourself?" "Exactly," I said, "make it look real bad."