1. Ha I see what you did there! Part of the 25%...
  2. On a serious note, it does feel like it's been "longer than the average wait" since the last time a new bootleg was added to U2Start. But I've got absolutely no numbers or data to back that up, so I could be completely off base.
    Originally posted by LikeASong:
    Well... With the rise of periscope/facebook live/mixlr/younameit and the progressive lack of interest in the band's tours there are less and less tapers actually caring to tape, edit and share the shows. And I'm afraid that won't be changing anymore.
    Are fewer people actually taping shows? If so, that sucks. Is youtube a big reason? I feel like I could go on youtube and find just about any song over the past year.

So I just experimented right this second, picking random cities and songs:
    Omaha, Sunday Bloody Sunday - yes
    Copenhagen, Love Is Bigger - yes
    Madrid, Iris - yes

Okay, that's 100% of an absolutely gigantic sample size of 3 that I just picked off the top of my head. Proves nothing, but I suspect most songs are readily available. And I could see how that would make tapers feel "less needed". (I promise, we still love you guys!)

And no, I've never taped a show. (Though I did hold my phone up through the whole concerts for some mixlr shit back in 2005 or 2009 or whatever, though I think most folks said it sounded underwater.)
  3. Originally posted by cleazer:On a serious note, it does feel like it's been "longer than the average wait" since the last time a new bootleg was added to U2Start. But I've got absolutely no numbers or data to back that up, so I could be completely off base. [..]
    I think you are right. At least I haven't been adding bootlegs and/or recordings to the site. I'm having a bit of U2 break until the new tour.

I think there are a couple of "new" recordings up on U2torrents that could be added here as well, so check them out if you want to be up to date. I'll catch up later.
  4. Thanks for that recording of One Step Closer.

Just for quick info - does a recording exist of Mofo being soundchecked during Vertigo Tour? I mean a full version of the song, not the snippet that is available on YouTube.

Not asking for an upload, just wondering if this is lying somewhere in taper's vaults... Thanks.
  5. Originally posted by djerdap:Thanks for that recording of One Step Closer.

Just for quick info - does a recording exist of Mofo being soundchecked during Vertigo Tour? I mean a full version of the song, not the snippet that is available on YouTube. [YouTube Video]

Not asking for an upload, just wondering if this is lying somewhere in taper's vaults... Thanks.
    I believe it’s part of the 75%
  6. I always appreciate the quality of your recordings... they are impressive... are they IEM matrix?
  7. Originally posted by cleazer:
    Are fewer people actually taping shows? If so, that sucks. Is youtube a big reason? I feel like I could go on youtube and find just about any song over the past year.

In general, yes. Public uploads have always only been a slice of what gets taped. So in 2001, Philly might have had 7-8 tapers in the house, and 2-3 decided to upload. In 2017, there might have been 1-2, and neither decide to upload.

Youtube, bootleggers, generally less people going into taping because they're fine with a few tracks off YT from phone recording.

There are certainly less folks with higher end rigs running around in the U2 world than years past.
  8. Did they ever get it right or was there really no basis for trying the song in front of an audience?
  9. They talked about playing it instead of fast cars that night.
  10. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

In general, yes. Public uploads have always only been a slice of what gets taped. So in 2001, Philly might have had 7-8 tapers in the house, and 2-3 decided to upload. In 2017, there might have been 1-2, and neither decide to upload.

Youtube, bootleggers, generally less people going into taping because they're fine with a few tracks off YT from phone recording.

There are certainly less folks with higher end rigs running around in the U2 world than years past.
    Technology is unreal now. To think back to Seattle 97 when I brought in a mini cassette recorder to now where shows are periscoped live.. still blows my mind.
  11. Yeah but it also leads many people to just think "oh somebody else will cover it."

It's easier to run a higher end rig, but it's still a challenge.