1. They're all good plays on U2 songs and lyrics

Maybe adding to the original - The Goal Is Seoul: A Beautiful Day In South Korea

Hpw's about - And Seoul She Woke Up with a reference to the Joshua Tree (RTSS).
  2. 'I Can't Sing,But I've got Seoul..'
  3. Not sure if this is the correct topic (please direct me to a more appropriate on if there is one).

I just wanted to talk about the sound on the recent tour and the complaints people have had etc. etc.
    Now, I obviously understand that the sound tends to be worse off in a stadium rather than an arena due to the larger scale/poor acoustics. But I just wanted to question what they may have changed in their audio setup and equipment compared to older tours? I'm hoping there might be someone around here that has more knowledge on the subject.

My comparison from the recent tour is to when I saw the Vertigo Tour in Melbourne in '06 at Telstra Dome (now Marvel Stadium). I was situated in the stands straight in front of the stage (this could have played a factor) and I remember the audio being crystal clear. Like i mean amazing sound! and i remember on that tour there being two (maybe three) big speaker stacks halfway up the field and only one sound desk. So I rock up to TJT19 expecting to see some big speaker stacks etc. and there's nothing. Just small speakers at the top of those funny white poles and two sound desks (what's that all about?). On TJT19 I was in GA in Melbourne and in the stands in Sydney and I can honestly say neither night was as good a sound as the Vertigo Tour in the stands.

Next thing, on the Vertigo Tour they obviously changed the set up of the stage and speakers etc. to suit the outdoor/stadium legs of the tour compared to the indoor legs. They brought in the big speaker stacks and the stage to suit. and it looks like (correct me if I'm wrong) for TJT19 they have just used the same arena set up and just dropped it in a stadium. Would this be a factor for poor sound?

Just my thoughts on the subject. Would love to hear anyone else's experiences compared to older tours and discuss with you knowledgeable folk

4. Congratulations!
  5. Seoul
  6. Nice. Thanks again
  7. The goal is Seoul right?

Extra long intro isn't really intentional, just bono taking his sweet time. He blew right past the count in (can't hear in this mix because I zapped it) so they just continued for another cycle.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:The goal is Seoul right?

Extra long intro isn't really intentional, just bono taking his sweet time. He blew right past the count in (can't hear in this mix because I zapped it) so they just continued for another cycle.
    Hmmm I would have swore it was super long in some other show I listened to on Mixlr. We even commented it on the forum. Must have been Saitama, Sydney or Perth. I'll try to dig it up