1. You have to upload U2's Experience and Innocence Tour first concert in Tulsa.
    Please guys!
  2. There is already a solid audience recording of Tulsa. Go spin that off.

I mean, I know it has the only version of Song for Someone from 2018, which is amazing, but the rest of the show wasn't amazing.
  3. Look all I did was ask a simple question. I knew there was other IEM's of the australian shows that one8ung had taped so I asked if there was plans for that. Apparently my question wasnt very serious to you people.
  4. It comes across as somebody going "thanks, but gimme gimme more", especially when stuff has been given out for free at great cost to the taper (which makes my hours on the mix seem minuscule). If you honestly are just curious if there are more releases planned, feel free to pm.
  5. I didn't intend to come across as gimme gimme, I appreciate what's been shared, I just asked out of curiosity
  6. Take it as a lesson learned on how it is received by a lot of tapers (not all of course).

As always, I recommend looking into getting some taping gear and giving it a shot when they next go out on tour. I'd recommend getting some practice in but not much happening right now.

We need more young tapers and fresh blood.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:Take it as a lesson learned on how it is received by a lot of tapers (not all of course).

As always, I recommend looking into getting some taping gear and giving it a shot when they next go out on tour. I'd recommend getting some practice in but not much happening right now.

We need more young tapers and fresh blood.
    we need fresh blood not only among tapers... but I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen, I used to do fan gatherings and between 2000-2008 there were always new faces (and around 500people)... post 2009 there were less and less people coming and no new faces at all ... U2 is on MTV demographics now like MacPhisto predicted.... maybe taping will attract some tech-kid, but I'm afraid U2 not so much :/
    so we are even more privileged to have guys like you thanks for all!
  8. The FM recording takes tracks from both nights (May 5 & 6). The version of SBS that you are referencing is from night 1, May 5. The audience recording is from May 6.
    Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:This week I checked out the Boston Orpheum Theater show from 1983 FM broadcast boot (holy shit) and now I'm listening to the audience recording. The beginning of Sunday Bloody Sunday is slightly different..the FM broadcast begins with Bono giving the "rebel song" speech, whereas the audience doesn't have it. Sure, it was cut out. But the audience recording has Bono saying "sunday bloody sunday!" after the drums already start, and people cheer, whereas the FM broadcast he says it after the rebel song thing before the band starts at all.

WHAT GIVES?!

Also, I wish the entire show was in that FM quality. Some of the reviews say the audience recording is just as good if not better, but I completely disagree. My god, that FM recording is incredible. The energy and power of the band can be heard in it. The audience version doesn't have the same effect.
  9. Originally posted by zbych:[..]
    we need fresh blood not only among tapers... but I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen, I used to do fan gatherings and between 2000-2008 there were always new faces (and around 500people)... post 2009 there were less and less people coming and no new faces at all ... U2 is on MTV demographics now like MacPhisto predicted.... maybe taping will attract some tech-kid, but I'm afraid U2 not so much :/
    so we are even more privileged to have guys like you thanks for all!
    Well aware. Plus I think there's just a lack of motivation with a lot of folks since most people are ok enough with poor youtube videos, as opposed to putting in a ton of work taking the quality up a notch. I can only hope that there are some more folks that jump onto taping at a young age like I did (started when I was 15).

I know one guy who talked the talk about wanting to get into taping, especially wireless taping, and was a young guy. Bought a basic recorder and scanner, and was going to the US for a bunch of shows in 2015. Wasn't able to buy an actual IEM receiver, so my friend lugged in another iem receiver for him (on top of the 5 he was already sneaking in!), and then this guy went incommunicado. Proceeded to see 12 shows (I think?) and didn't try to tape a single one, instead spending more time complaining about setlists here on U2start. Same thing happened in 2017, saw a bunch of shows in Europe and blew off taping. He says he ran internal mics on a few shows in 2019, but made no effort for any releasing (I told him he should release those to at least give something back to community that he's taken so much from). Such a wasted opportunity in my opinion! This guy still regularly posts and downloads on here. So I think there's still interest out there, but many people just are unable to make the time and commitment for quality audio.