1. So as a newbie, has anyone discovered the location of the mystery Bad?

Cue the theme music.

2. A lot has happened since this was started - Remy listened to every performance of Bad.
  3. It’s still raw.

I’d concede but Ross was there to back me up.
  4. I want to write to WXRT in Chicago and see if they recorded the 9/12/09 show or broadcast any of it live.

They're going to think I'm batshit crazy when I explain all of this but I don't know how to state the question without all the context. This'll be good.
  5. Question submitted.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:I want to write to WXRT in Chicago and see if they recorded the 9/12/09 show or broadcast any of it live.

They're going to think I'm batshit crazy when I explain all of this but I don't know how to state the question without all the context. This'll be good.
    The best radio station ever
  7. Originally posted by MattG:I want to write to WXRT in Chicago and see if they recorded the 9/12/09 show or broadcast any of it live.

But Gerard said it was from 2001?
  8. Was near certain*

I think it was the snippet that extended the search to 2009.

I WAS ABSOLUTELY SOBER AT THE TIME YOUR HONOUR
  9. I re-read the whole thread and Chicago 09's long intro and correct snippets just can't shake me off that trail

XRT also always seems to do broadcasts of Chicago shows, or "let's listen in live at Soldier Field!" for ten uninterrupted minutes, etc. It really lines up with the logic that it could have been a partial radio broadcast from that night, ripped by a fan, and a recording of these mere pieces of the show has never circulated regularly.

I'm so into this.
  10. Originally posted by MattG:I re-read the whole thread and Chicago 09's long intro and correct snippets just can't shake me off that trail

XRT also always seems to do broadcasts of Chicago shows, or "let's listen in live at Soldier Field!" for ten uninterrupted minutes, etc. It really lines up with the logic that it could have been a partial radio broadcast from that night, ripped by a fan, and a recording of these mere pieces of the show has never circulated regularly.

I'm so into this.
    Bumping this back because hell yeah we're doing this again

Still on my 09/12/09 Chicago kick. I really believe WXRT may have done a "live listen-in" and not officially advertised an FM broadcast, which may have then been ripped.

It is the only explanation.
  11. 93.1 is the best radio station in the country please do not @ me