1. Would be Nice if the station just sends the complete file (with the rest of the show) to check out for yourselfs
  2. Originally posted by Pipo:Would be Nice if the station just sends the complete file (with the rest of the show) to check out for yourselfs
    I think I'll be getting whatever they have recorded. It looks likely to me that they may have only recorded those two cuts from that evening (One / Bad)
  3. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    I think I'll be getting whatever they have recorded. It looks likely to me that they may have only recorded those two cuts from that evening (One / Bad)
    Which is weird to begin with. Dialing in just for two songs, and also in the middle of the set? So strange.
  4. Not necessarily. They record events for later broadcast all the time, and don't actually broadcast them live. If a DJ had his last 15 minutes of airtime and knew the station was recording U2 at Soldier Field, he may very well have said "let's tune in and catch a glimpse of the U2 concert!"

They did something similar with a significant portion of a Wilco show being recorded for a later date, and accidentally caught the one "fuck" lyric of the entire set and broadcast it live.
  5. all this being said, WXRT has still not emailed me the files
  6. Reached back out
  7. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    Not necessarily. They record events for later broadcast all the time, and don't actually broadcast them live. If a DJ had his last 15 minutes of airtime and knew the station was recording U2 at Soldier Field, he may very well have said "let's tune in and catch a glimpse of the U2 concert!"

They did something similar with a significant portion of a Wilco show being recorded for a later date, and accidentally caught the one "fuck" lyric of the entire set and broadcast it live.
    Hahaha that's the equivalent to "Let's tune in and catch a video glimpse of the U2 concert"

next thing on the screen:

8. Alright, the WXRT DJ sent over the files from his personal collection.

Since there was a mediator between us relaying all the communication, it was difficult to be precise about what I was looking for in an audio recording...I decided to just receive the files and hear for myself.

This morning I played "Bad / Fool to Cry / 40" from the email I was sent, and it was the same bootleg source we have here on the site. The radio station did not do a live-listen that night.

Square one.