1. Funny... I find it more similar to The Fly or EBTTRT than anything on Pop An I remember it was played on radio or music channels after Zooropa and Zoo TV ended. And btw. the music video is totally Zoo TV.
  2. The video featuring McPhisto is obviously very ZooTV-ish, but the song itself is much more Pop than anything!

Going slightly off-topic but still useful to prove the point: would you say Every Breaking Wave belongs to 360 or IE/SOI eras?
  3. ^ Given it's had a video, so many live performances, a single, an album inclusion for this era - it's IE / SoI era.

I guess with HMTMKMKM - it started out around the Zooropa era, however was more around for the 1995 - 1998 period, so Pop it might well be.
  4. I was fan during the time HMTMKMKM came out and it came out after Zooropa/Zoo TV and the video reffered to Zoo TV a lot. And the soud was really Achtung Baby. I really find it like something between The Fly and EBTTRT.

EBW is totally different than on 360, so it's totally SOI.
  5. Originally posted by sparko:Yes it was already on the Zooropa Cover, but that was Wake Up Dead Man as well, and I guess nobody would really consider it to Zooropa.
    To me it's Pop as well, it came to lif(v)e on Popmart.

Agreed - since the band had played around with Wake Up Dead Man during the Zooropa sessions but then shelved it until Pop, I'd say the same about Hold Me getting released after the fact on its own. Belongs more with Pop with its rock edge and style, plus its identity with PopMart. "You're a big smash, you wear it like a rash - star..." just fits so well with the satirical nature of the tour.

(After rewatching the video, I also will concede its strong MacPhisto connection, though.)
  6. Thanks for the input everyone! It seems majority opinion leads towards Pop, so that's likely what I'll do. Cesar Garza's comment about Passengers was interesting though. . . I'll see if I can find enough songs that would warrant a Deluxe Edition for that album. Thanks again!
  7. Originally posted by Faceman2000:Thanks for the input everyone! It seems majority opinion leads towards Pop, so that's likely what I'll do. Cesar Garza's comment about Passengers was interesting though. . . I'll see if I can find enough songs that would warrant a Deluxe Edition for that album. Thanks again!
    Viva Davidoff and Bottoms definitely for that!
  8. I think given it was a leftover from Zooropa and released two years after it....it falls into that category. Bono's vocals really feel like Macphisto to me and the whole feel of the song leans towards the dark weirdness of Zooropa. It obviously garnered an existence during Popmart, but the recording feels slightly more Zooropa than Pop.
  9. Btw to the original poster: Make sure to include the Jools Holland version of Velvet Dress!
  10. I really, really like the Pop version, but the Jools Holland version of Velvet Dress is hands down one of my favourite songs, ever.

On topic I - for whatever reason - really feel HMTMKMKM belongs with Zooropa. It's almost like the album's 'missing' big rock song. The video is so ZooTV, and the theme of the song goes with both the personas of The Fly and Mr MacPhisto, and its style fits MacPhisto perfectly. It could also fit with Pop (the superstar themes stayed in vogue for 90s U2) but it doesn't sound quite right - it's too delicate, too arty. Pop is more grungy, crunchy, aggressive sounding songs or kitschy dance grooves.
  11. Hi there...I agree with the idea of an album for the b.sides and special additions.....but there a load of special remixes on cds and vinyl out there..i.e ...u2 grapes ,u2 kiwi , u2 lemon and loads more .lots of great remixes...going to be very hard to agree which remix or just album tracks to pick....
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I really, really like the Pop version, but the Jools Holland version of Velvet Dress is hands down one of my favourite songs, ever.

On topic I - for whatever reason - really feel HMTMKMKM belongs with Zooropa. It's almost like the album's 'missing' big rock song. The video is so ZooTV, and the theme of the song goes with both the personas of The Fly and Mr MacPhisto, and its style fits MacPhisto perfectly. It could also fit with Pop (the superstar themes stayed in vogue for 90s U2) but it doesn't sound quite right - it's too delicate, too arty. Pop is more grungy, crunchy, aggressive sounding songs or kitschy dance grooves.
    HMTMKMKM is not at all dancy like pop, it's very rock.