1. Similarities noted, but what about the vocals in Discotheque or Mofo?

Now I am torn, too!
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Bono reminds me of The Fly in HMTMKMKM, not only because of the video but because of the distorted vocals. More like AB/Zooropa than Pop imo.
    That was my point since the debate started...
  3. Created around Zooropa, released closer to POP but I'd say neither... Just like electrical storm and Window, it wouldn't fit on an album. Invisible doesn't sound right on SOI.

Actually HMTMKMKM is the lead single from Passengers
  4. Same sound as what... There isn't one type of sound on Passengers.
  5. Interesting point but I would say it's really it's own thing for the Batman soundtrack. It's most AB'ish sounding
  6. Just ran across this thread. What ended up happening with disc two? Pop or Zooropa. It could arguably go either way.

Do you have tracklistings of your double album ventures?
  7. Too much distortion for Zooropa
  8. Apart from sound (we don't know how the '93 version sounded though) I'd thematically it doesn't fit on Zooropa, (Passengers) or Pop.

To me what it was a wise decision releasing it the way they did. Curious about the '93 versions of LNOE and IGWSHA, though I'm afraid we will never hear those.
  9. It’s actually written on the zooropa album sleeve with Some other titles wich ended up on Pop.
    During zooropa sessions there was a direction with more distorted rock sounding tracks but They went for the more groovy sound on zooropa. Read it in Some book about that era.
  10. To me it's more AB than Zooropa/Pop... riff is sounding like some AB (The Fly/ Until/UV/partly even EBTTRT).... So definitely ZooTV era...