1. Originally posted by LikeASong:The video featuring McPhisto is obviously very ZooTV-ish, but the song itself is much more Pop than anything!

Going slightly off-topic but still useful to prove the point: would you say Every Breaking Wave belongs to 360 or IE/SOI eras?
    This is bang on exactly how i think,i've always thought of the song as the bridge from Zoo to Pop.

EBW belongs to SOI no question,when they done it on 360 it was like they were wanting to move on from NLOTH having taken away early staples Breathe,Unknown Caller.

Also where would you place Sweetest Thing-Pop or Elevation era???
    The video has them with the Popmart look but Elevation Tour is where it happened live.....
  2. The Sweetest Thing belongs to The Joshua Tree (though it's more Rattle and Hum I'd say). EBW is definitely Songs of Innocence, but I'm still on the fence for HMTMKMKM. Possibly lean towards Pop.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:The Sweetest Thing belongs to The Joshua Tree (though it's more Rattle and Hum I'd say). EBW is definitely Songs of Innocence, but I'm still on the fence for HMTMKMKM. Possibly lean towards Pop.
    Yeah i know it originated from Joshua Tree but do you really think of that era when you hear it?
    Maybe its because ive only been a U2 fan since 1991 so i missed that whole b-side 80's era,i just think of it as a late 90's song.
  4. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Yeah i know it originated from Joshua Tree but do you really think of that era when you hear it?
    Maybe its because ive only been a U2 fan since 1991 so i missed that whole b-side 80's era,i just think of it as a late 90's song.
    It's definitely JT, especially the version before they remade it
  5. The single version I'm not so sure. It doesn't sound very JT to me. To me it sounds like "We are doing a real pop song now after Pop." It might be good as the last song on your Pop Mix. (I actually really like this song. It's so cool how they can make a heartbreaking song sound upbeat.)
  6. I don't think it sounds "JT era" at all to me (Sweetest Thing). Even the b-side to Streets version never did, it was out of its time and out of place, which is probably why they kept it off the album!

I think it's definitely a pre-elevation era song. A late 90s pop tune that fits in with that time of music. Definitely not Pop.
  7. Is from Zooropa to me and EBW is from I-e for sure

8. I never thought of Pop as a "dance" record. Miami and Gone are nowhere near dance songs. Hold Me fits fine on Pop, but when it comes to sets like these, I base it on when the track was recorded. If it was mastered and finished before the album was released, it goes on that album or any afterwards.
  9. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

I never thought of Pop as a "dance" record. Miami and Gone are nowhere near dance songs. Hold Me fits fine on Pop, but when it comes to sets like these, I base it on when the track was recorded. If it was mastered and finished before the album was released, it goes on that album or any afterwards.
    Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, all are. Not the whole album, but Zooropa has more of the experimental vibe imo
  10. Bono reminds me of The Fly in HMTMKMKM, not only because of the video but because of the distorted vocals. More like AB/Zooropa than Pop imo.
  11. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Bono reminds me of The Fly in HMTMKMKM, not only because of the video but because of the distorted vocals. More like AB/Zooropa than Pop imo.
    Good point, very Zoo Station/The Fly ish