1. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Back in the day it was always Simple Minds, U2, The Alarm and Big Country for me. From their very beginnings i was on them. So happy to have been there from the start with these bands. Amazing to think they are still going too.
    I kept on with collecting The Alarm but dropped off with Big Country and Simple Minds after the eighties ended. But Mike Peters keeps on going with strong songs. A lovely person too in there real world. Always has time to chat and has no airs or graces. Great bloke!
    +1, except add The Waterboys to that list...

2. Most definitely indeed. Great band. It's good to know that other bands who followed in the wake of these bands do acknowledge them. Manic Street Preachers being a good example.
  3. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Most definitely indeed. Great band. It's good to know that other bands who followed in the wake of these bands do acknowledge them. Manic Street Preachers being a good example.
    I love The Manics as well.
  4. Their initial output was fantastic. The Holy Bible stands up there as a masterpiece i think. What an album. I hated it at first, now it's a template of how to craft an album that stands as testament to time.
  5. I really LOVE everything between Gold Against The Soul and This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours...
  6. They play a lot of anniversary shows for albums in Wales. It is my hope that we will see a few anniversary shows of This Is My Truth album.
    I was at the famous 'bottled offstage' gig in Singleton Park in Swansea. It was horrible. Not the band, but the situation.
  7. Seen The Alarm live , in those days they were the support group for some Irish band :-)
    Guess in 1984 or 1985 ???

8. I will be there each night and will be recording the entire shows if anyone is interested.