1. Nah I'd definitely prefer a video of one show. I don't often sit down to watch U2 boots anymore, hell, I don't listen to them much either, but I'd much prefer a video. Always have. So much of U2's shows are visual.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Nah I'd definitely prefer a video of one show. I don't often sit down to watch U2 boots anymore, hell, I don't listen to them much either, but I'd much prefer a video. Always have. So much of U2's shows are visual.
    ... but are those visuals really captured when put on home video?
  3. U2.com 2018 subscription gift ...Live Blu-ray
  4. Originally posted by jonno77:I would have thought if releasing one they would have done it for Xmas gone. Next Xmas is more likely E&I. They're missing a trick if they don't.

I reckon on U2.com, the subs should have an option to pay more to get audio streams of live shows. I love the mixlr but does my nut in when they buffer. If got a clean stream each date, that is worth an extra £20 easily.

I agree, and they're one of the greatest live bands ever and it's strange how they haven't done anything regarding live streams or a way to listen to the show on a nightly basis.

Even if they did charge a bit of cash for it i'm sure they'll make an nice sum from it as a lot of people would jump at that if you ask me
  5. More than on an audio bootleg, anyway.

I don't even just mean visuals like the screen and things like that. I just mean that the band themselves (namely Bono) are very visual performers. Bono moves around, smiles at people, jumps into the audience, etc. That's all part of what makes a U2 show for me. When I listen to an audio bootleg and I hear the crowd cheer at something I can't see I'm like "WHAT?! WHAT ARE THEY CHEERING AT?!" and while it's probably something I've seen Bono do 10000 times, I still wish I could be that much closer to the show I'm listening to and be able to see what they see, you know?
  6. Fair enough. Whatever they give, it can't really be a CD now can it? Much too outdated technology!

What's left is either a Blu Ray disc or Vinyl - which, oddly enough, I wouldn't be able to play either format at home!
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:Fair enough. Whatever they give, it can't really be a CD now can it? Much too outdated technology!

What's left is either a Blu Ray disc or Vinyl - which, oddly enough, I wouldn't be able to play either format at home!
    "Can't be a CD. Outdated technology"
    - asks for a vinyl

8. Ha! I see your point but there's a lot of vinyl lovers out there! CDs are pretty much useless nowadays (although vinyl is also useless to me - no turntable).
  9. I'm not a fan of the vinyl revival... I know people aren't buying cd's as much, but it's much more useful to me.... especially in a cool book like "From the Ground Up.."
  10. It is cool to have an artifact (ie, something tangible) as a gift but I guess I don't really need any of it. I don't have a turntable; I don't watch concert videos; a CD seems a bit silly since most of us will just rip it to MP3 (or similar); books are ok but end up collecting dust; don't get me started on posters....so, hmmm what's left. Maybe a t-shirt? Definitely digital downloads.

In the end, I guess the CD still works for me as it's a backup of important music and I guess you still get the artwork.

Look at me, I've done a 180 in less than a day!