1. My copy is arriving today.
  2. Loving this album....is it as good as their debut,no but has some good tunes on there. Dublin in Ecstasy being a highlight for me.
  3. I’m seeing them next Friday, looking forward to it. Only just realised that Overpass are supporting as well which is a bonus.
  4. Eli plays the role of “Hot Lead Singer” better than his dad ever did. 😍
  5. The similarities in his voice with his father's are undeniable, but not a soundalike either. These aren't the days where bands can have multiple years to break like U2's heyday. They are talented for sure, but not sure if I can see them moving far without some groundbreaking songwriting. And their style of music is not what is selling. It would be like if Boy was done with some big band sound without guitars. But I'll be rooting for them for sure. The songs on the first album had a little more spirit, but both fall a little flat if you're expecting monumental big albums. They are not that band, and probably never will be.
  6. Originally posted by pleasegone:The similarities in his voice with his father's are undeniable, but not a soundalike either. These aren't the days where bands can have multiple years to break like U2's heyday. They are talented for sure, but not sure if I can see them moving far without some groundbreaking songwriting. And their style of music is not what is selling. It would be like if Boy was done with some big band sound without guitars. But I'll be rooting for them for sure. The songs on the first album had a little more spirit, but both fall a little flat if you're expecting monumental big albums. They are not that band, and probably never will be.
    I agree with all of this, but they seem to aim at being monumental — in their interviews etc.

It’s not a bad album; side A seems a lot better than side B. I am missing some rock n roll and also some energy. I think the first album had some better choruses and also some rockier tubes.

My 7 year old doesn’t really like it — he says it’s weak.

Then he heard The Alarm’s latest single. The singer has leukemia; he is in and out of the hospital. But what an energy. “*That*’s a song”, my 7 year old said. He’s right.
  7. Ops: *tunes — I am writing from my phone!
  8. It's an impressive album with even more impressive production.
  9. Saw them last night in Liverpool and their new songs are so much better live .
  10. Saw them play Heaven in London a few years back… it was packed and I was really impressed, must be something in the family. Dublin in Ecstasy is a cracking song.
  11. Discogs now has 14 editions for this.
  12. If You're Gonna Break My Heart gives me Playboy Mansion vibes.