1. Here in the UK I've seen Inhaler 5 times now, mainly at small venues. Initially there appeared to be U2 fans in the audience but the last time I saw them they had their own (young) crowd, with just a few of us oldies.

At times I can see and hear his Dad in Eli, both the movement and the voice - early U2 sounds from his voice, not unsurprisingly. He hasn't got his Dad's stage presence but he's still young.

I liked their earlier stuff but it appears getting publicity as 'one to watch' by the BBC, as they were, they've slipped into a more poppy sound than the early guitar sound. I've only given the new album a brief listen and whilst there's one or two decent tracks (These Are the Days / If You're Gonna Break My Heart / Dublin in Ecstasy) I find it weaker than their first outing.

Might see them again this month just to see how they've changed - assuming they have - in their stage performance.
  2. I like Cut and Bruises but I think the issue is the direction of the album. Dublin In Ecstasy should've been on the first record. If you compare Boy and October to their two albums is that U2 was hungry to make it and make music. While Inhaler has access to everything they need to make a record. The 2nd record is lacking passion. It's still a good collection of songs for sure
  3. The timing on Valentine bothers me alot. But I hear that shimmer effect and delay šŸ˜Ž
  4. Haven't heard the album (yet). There's a certain other Dublin band whos 2nd album was not that great as their debut, but they still got some few great tunes from their 3d and onwards šŸ˜‰
  5. Originally posted by bushido529:I like Cut and Bruises but I think the issue is the direction of the album. Dublin In Ecstasy should've been on the first record. If you compare Boy and October to their two albums is that U2 was hungry to make it and make music. While Inhaler has access to everything they need to make a record. The 2nd record is lacking passion. It's still a good collection of songs for sure
    Hard to disagree with this. What would be side 2 is very going through the motions.

Although the main issue I have with Eli Hewson is that each time I've seen them live he has never changed the night that he could be Elvis. A mistake for sure.

Saw them encore Oklahoma in Manchester, that was special.

6. They were excellent tonight in Newcastle. Very tight and a thrilling live performance. 14 songs (I think!), 1hr 15 minutes and a really engaged audience (mainly young - I felt pretty old šŸ˜‚) even with the new tracks that only came out today. It Won't Always Be Like This blew the bloody roof off mind
  7. I saw them last year and they seemed pretty…I don’t know, they haven’t really quite figured out how to interact with the fans yet. I’m in the States, so it’s a smaller venue than I imagine they play in Ireland/the UK, but I didn’t get a whole lot more from seeing them live as opposed to listening to the album. They’re coming back next month. Haven’t decided whether I’m going to go see them again.

I think the new album is pretty good. It hasn’t blown my socks off or anything, but I think it’s respectable. If You’re Gonna Break My Heart sounds like Like A Rolling Stone to me. Not a huge fan of the last 4 tracks? I don’t know. I’m not sure if they’re sort of above-average but not great, if they’re still just learning, or if I haven’t separated my expectations of them from my experience with U2. Maybe some combination of all 3. But I’ll keep listening until they give me a reason not to.
  8. It’s a pretty fucking good album. Unfortunately, it sounds a lot like U2
  9. Difficult second album comes to mind. Much more mellow.
  10. There are some good tines on Cuts and Bruises though. Great to have a proper studio recording of Dublin in Ectasy. Perfect Storm is good too. More mellow album but the songs are still good.

Inhaler should write the music and lyrics for the next U2 album!
  11. Really enjoying the album. Feels like they are U2 from “another time, another place” who have been influenced by Indie era the Killers.

I’m really liking it.