1. I'm surprised he picked up these glasses at all, so much more to see they posted a photo with them. So far he's been repudiating his lineage and trying to burn bridges between U2 and Inhaler (to the point of actually forbidding U2-related questions during interviews).
  2. Was there anyone in Brussels tonight?

what time they start the show??
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I'm surprised he picked up these glasses at all, so much more to see they posted a photo with them. So far he's been repudiating his lineage and trying to burn bridges between U2 and Inhaler (to the point of actually forbidding U2-related questions during interviews).
    I think he's more relaxed now than a couple of years ago. I remember reading an interview he was kinda talking about u2 and their influence (if I can remember where it was I'll come back with the link)
  4. Originally posted by andreamacedo:[..]
    I think he's more relaxed now than a couple of years ago. I remember reading an interview he was kinda talking about u2 and their influence (if I can remember where it was I'll come back with the link)
    I'd be interested in reading that interview Thanks!
  5. Just saw this qoute:

--

"Frontman Elijah Hewson’s father is U2 frontman Bono, and the band say while they try not to be influenced by the band, The Edge’s influence sometimes creeps into their work inadvertently.

Speaking to Guitar Player magazine, frontman Hewson said: “We try not to be influenced by The Edge. Obviously, he’s such an important player, so that influence seeps in. Sometimes we’re like, Oh, does that sound like The Edge?’ We have to be careful about that.”

He then joked: “We just make sure to have those dotted delays off. That’s our rule. As long as there’s no dotted delays, we’re grand.”

--

I think they are more influenced by the bands that influenced U2 themselves. And took a different route of interpreting that in their sound. My Honest Face (as a U2 song )could have fitted on Boy, but can't think of any others that could be seen as heavily influenced.

Saw them live in Paradiso and Eli is a totally different frontman than Bono, but great in his own way
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Just saw this qoute:

--

"Frontman Elijah Hewson’s father is U2 frontman Bono, and the band say while they try not to be influenced by the band, The Edge’s influence sometimes creeps into their work inadvertently.

Speaking to Guitar Player magazine, frontman Hewson said: “We try not to be influenced by The Edge. Obviously, he’s such an important player, so that influence seeps in. Sometimes we’re like, Oh, does that sound like The Edge?’ We have to be careful about that.”

He then joked: “We just make sure to have those dotted delays off. That’s our rule. As long as there’s no dotted delays, we’re grand.”

--

I think they are more influenced by the bands that influenced U2 themselves. And took a different route of interpreting that in their sound. My Honest Face (as a U2 song )could have fitted on Boy, but can't think of any others that could be seen as heavily influenced.

Saw them live in Paradiso and Eli is a totally different frontman than Bono, but great in his own way
    I have been saying they sound like they are influenced by an Indie Band from the 2000s that were heavily influenced by U2.
  7. Thank you both @andreamacedo @melon51 Nice to read that and to see they are/he is at least TALKING about U2 whatsoever. This whole "U2 questions are forbidden in our interviews" thing from a few years back was absurd and I think it actually had a bit of Streisand effect.
  8. Just seen Inhaler at Electric Ballroom in Camden.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

9. Great last minute tickets for last nights Camden gig the crowdwas deafening!!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:Thank you both @andreamacedo @melon51 Nice to read that and to see they are/he is at least TALKING about U2 whatsoever. This whole "U2 questions are forbidden in our interviews" thing from a few years back was absurd and I think it actually had a bit of Streisand effect.
    The constant u2/bono nagging in intervierws amd articles about iInhaler is absurd if anything.