1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Very nice. I finally ordered mine this week and expect there will be a little wait before it gets here by sea or pigeon post or whatever method they use.
    Larry will hand deliver in Sydney.

2. Bit of October, on a Sunday morning!!
  3. loving vinyl again. love the aspect of watching it , holding the covers ect.
    still prefer cds though, i can't figure out why though
  4. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:loving vinyl again. love the aspect of watching it , holding the covers ect.
    still prefer cds though, i can't figure out why though
    CD's are tougher? They sound better?
  5. yeah i think they do sound better. but there is also something about vinyl sound that cd's are lacking to haha maybe just a ''all in the mind'' thing idk.
    do you listen to vinyl yourself?
    i cant stand to listen to digital for long periods though.
  6. I think the whole cd vs vinyl debate is an each to there own thing. Scientifically I think cd wins however what if it’s the imperfections about vinyl that make it why you prefer it? I always get the impression vinyl would sound more live than cd, don’t know why but maybe someone can give me more info, that idea appeals to me though. I’ve never played vinyl, I’ve owned 1 or 2 records but I’m a cd collector but i do find the vinyl thing interesting and I’ve been close a few times to going on a bit of a spending spree and buying all the u2 albums on vinyl and getting a record player to go with but thus far have resisted, I don’t know if that will last.
  7. I swapped over to CD from Rattle & Hum onwards but have renewed my listening and purchasing over the last couple of years. CDs are obviously better for durability and portability, but like u2_michaelc says, there's something about watching your vinyl spin and (at my age) being able to read the liner notes. I'm no audiophile but I do think (or is it just imagine) the sound is deeper and richer.

I wasn't going to bother with the reissues of vinyl I don't have, when I own the CD but the novelty of the coloured editions won me over.
  8. I bought Rattle & Hum a few months ago. Amazing sound and to see it on your turn table remembers me of the 80's. It's a great listen and a nice (inside)cover.
  9. Originally posted by maartenpetra:I bought Rattle & Hum a few months ago. Amazing sound and to see it on your turn table remembers me of the 80's. It's a great listen and a nice (inside)cover.
    that is the beginning starts with one then you loose count
  10. I need ten albums more to complete my collection on vinyl.
  11. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I swapped over to CD from Rattle & Hum onwards but have renewed my listening and purchasing over the last couple of years. CDs are obviously better for durability and portability, but like u2_michaelc says, there's something about watching your vinyl spin and (at my age) being able to read the liner notes. I'm no audiophile but I do think (or is it just imagine) the sound is deeper and richer.

I wasn't going to bother with the reissues of vinyl I don't have, when I own the CD but the novelty of the coloured editions won me over.
    well said mate