1. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Hate to say this, but this whole recording is sped up... Heard too many Bad versions last couple od days to not notice
    Wait... something's off here. I am just listening to another source of that same concert. Other songs seem normal pitch, but Bad sounds like your link. Could it be that Bad was played in studio key then?

Lemme check..
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Wait... something's off here. I am just listening to another source of that same concert. Other songs seem normal pitch, but Bad sounds like your link. Could it be that Bad was played in studio key then?

Lemme check..
    Haha, this is epic. Unless I'm wrong we have an occurance of Bad being done live in A (studio tuning), and on the Lovetown Tour as well!
  3. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Now while that's a particularly high note... it sounds like the "old falsetto" he had from 90-95, also called the Fat Lady

He did the Fat Lady voice pretty often on the 360 tour, listen from 6:14(listen to the whole clip also )
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]

Lemme check..
    We have to check this out a bit further. On a few of the "89 boots from that channel "U2 and trbute bands" a lot of songs sound a semitone higher.

5. 5:19 and in 5:27 he fly as a singer
  6. Ok, so my early enthusiasm about Bad being played in studio key (A)..

Not so sure anymore. All the songs on the 2 Sydney boots from this guy sounds sped-up and/or 1 semitone higher. Shows before and after that I checked had their normal Flat (semitone down) tuning
  7. Bono sounds great still.
    My 2 cents.
  8. He does! It's a bit different, but he's 30 years older. What he still has, he uses it excellently!
  9. I'm pretty sure he still got the ability to hit a C(not C#) in Wide Awake, on some of performences of Bad this tour he starts to belt the "Wide" with more strength but only sings Awake in B(?) I think.
    Come one Bono!
    8:18
  10. I never write, as I don't have much time. Anyway, my humble opinion is that this man should start undergoing serious vocal coaching. A dear friend of mine is one of the best sopranos (bel canto) in Italy and she told me that the best vocal teachers are these ladies https://www.newvoicestudio-brilla-paglin.com/?lang=it
    They restored the voice of so many singers (both classical and pop/rock) that their skills are appreciated all over the world. My friend told me that Bono needs lessons, because his vocal chords are suffering...
  11. These moments have all been amazing to listen to, thanks to all for sharing!

I have to say, I think my favourite period for Bono's voice is 2004-2011. The Vertigo tour is really interesting, his voice had a really raspy feel to it in almost every song (to the point where you think he might break at any moment)...yet he still nails the vast majority of the high notes. Bad from that tour was brilliant and in 2006 he was incredible.

MW being played half a step higher is really interesting too, he really soars there. Am I right in thinking 'she moves WITH IT' is a b4? Really impressive given how it was often played late in the show back then.