1. After 2015, I am missing the passion in Bono's singing. During Popmart he did sing very well based on the recordings of Leeds, Rotterdam, Mexico and Chili.
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Just because he could hit higher notes doesn't mean he sounds better. Lol

Bono sounded great in 2019 tbh. Look at Stand By Me in Seoul. Far better than what he sounded like 10 years earlier in 2009.
    Funny you mentioned Stand By Me, because my favorite performence of that song is from 2009-07-07

I would say that Bonos voiceon 2009-2011 was far superior to his voice now
  3. Originally posted by ferrari:After 2015, I am missing the passion in Bono's singing. During Popmart he did sing very well based on the recordings of Leeds, Rotterdam, Mexico and Chili.
    I agree to 100%.
  4. 2009 was terrible.
  5. Bono's voice was pretty awesome in 2015. He sounded so clear and powerful at times, particularly in the Boy songs. I didn't attend any 2019 shows, but in some recordings & videos he sounds really great. There are times when you can tell he's struggling, like some times in the bridge of LIBTAIIW, but then again he belted out most of the old songs and I was like wow. I also believe 2010, 2011 were both strong vocal years for Bono.
  6. Almost everything in the video I linked to is from 2009, so I wouldnt agree on that.
    Promo tour from 2009 was good, first shows in June and Early July was really good. Late July and rest of 2009 was worse.
  7. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:Bono's voice was pretty awesome in 2015. He sounded so clear and powerful at times, particularly in the Boy songs. I didn't attend any 2019 shows, but in some recordings & videos he sounds really great. There are times when you can tell he's struggling, like some times in the bridge of LIBTAIIW, but then again he belted out most of the old songs and I was like wow. I also believe 2010, 2011 were both strong vocal years for Bono.
    2011 got one of the best Bad ever
    The Wide Awake's are silly good.
  8. I don’t think there was a massive difference between 360 and recent years. Taking a JT Setlist I would say
    Worse now: miss Sarajevo (no Pavarotti bit), one tree hill (only the ‘and when it’s raining..’ bit), and ultraviolet.
    Better now: MOTD

Comparing E&I to 360
    Worse now: nothing

Better now: stay

Everything else was really much the same to me which I’m happy about, I like Bono’s voice now. There was a bit of an iffy start to JT19 with the first show in Auckland I thought mainly with low notes but seemed like he just needed to warm into the tour and was already sounding better night 2.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:I don’t think there was a massive difference between 360 and recent years. Taking a JT Setlist I would say
    Worse now: miss Sarajevo (no Pavarotti bit), one tree hill (only the ‘and when it’s raining..’ bit), and ultraviolet.

Comparing E&I to 360

Everything else was really much the same to me which I’m happy about, I like Bono’s voice now. There was a bit of an iffy start to JT19 with the first show in Auckland I thought mainly with low notes but seemed like he just needed to warm into the tour and was already sounding better night 2.
    On 360 NYD was as it best, since 2015 Bono have sing the "Say Its True" lower
    Also Unforgettable Fire was as its best live ever 2009.
    And Bad, after 2011 Bono have never sing with the energy and hit the C in Wide Awake.

The 2015 versions of thoses songs was better compared to 2017-2019:

- Gloria(scream in the beginning of the song and chours had more power)
    - EBW(Played one step faster and Bono had alot more power=
    - RBW(Way better and more raw singing)
    - Iris(no skipped lyrics)
    - WOWY(best since 1989)
    - WTSHNN(Best since 1989), Bono doesnt give much at all in the 2017-19 verisons
    - EBTTRH
    - Pride(2017-2019 versions is more lazy)
    - Eletric Co, Eletric Cooooooooooooooooooooooo
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I don’t think there was a massive difference between 360 and recent years. Taking a JT Setlist I would say

Comparing E&I to 360

I think it was a bit more smooth on 360.. when you listen to Beautiful Day for example..