1. Not hearing it myself. The only thing I agree on above is the 2015 version of Iris being better but that was nothing to do with Bono’s voice, they skipped a bit of the song as was noted. RBW was no different except that the few times they did play it in 2018 Bono struggled to remember the lyrics but his actual voice was fine. NYD was sung lower recently but not too low, it still allowed Bono to belt out the song. Real Thing was again only better because of the inclusion of the solo for 360 and I&E but that again is nothing to do with Bono’s voice. The other songs I don’t agree were better, not worse either just the same.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not hearing it myself. The only thing I agree on above is the 2015 version of Iris being better but that was nothing to do with Bono’s voice, they skipped a bit of the song as was noted. RBW was no different except that the few times they did play it in 2018 Bono struggled to remember the lyrics but his actual voice was fine. NYD was sung lower recently but not too low, it still allowed Bono to belt out the song. Real Thing was again only better because of the inclusion of the solo for 360 and I&E but that again is nothing to do with Bono’s voice. The other songs I don’t agree were better, not worse either just the same.
    Can you give an example where Bonos belts the "say its true" from 2015-2019?

Listen to the line on this verison:

Streets, listen from middle in the song 2:20:41

I haven't find a singel version of RBW from 2018 where he belts the "I don'e believe anymore" part like he did on the 2015 tour.
  3. Speaking of Bono's voice, listened today to Chicago 07-02-2015, that show was f... awsome, one of the best of Bono in the last 20 years! Also a fantastic mix of the great Hoserama.
  4. For me bono has lost something in performance in terms of he’s a lot more static. You have big energy songs n he just standing in one place singing like Streets. For me I loved exit in 2017 because it was more like bono of old. I’m not expecting him to climb the rafters again like 83. But he is the front man give us the energy n will respond.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:I don’t think there was a massive difference between 360 and recent years. Taking a JT Setlist I would say
    Worse now: miss Sarajevo (no Pavarotti bit), one tree hill (only the ‘and when it’s raining..’ bit)

About OTH, he never made a "real serious" attempt in 2006-2011 to hit the high "raining" parts in that song, though he might have tried a couple of times...

On JT2017 he at least tried to incorporate a new melody in that part of the song Although I remember he tried the "raining" part as wel, I'll look that up (also for Peterrrrr )
  6. Originally posted by f1schu111:For me bono has lost something in performance in terms of he’s a lot more static. You have big energy songs n he just standing in one place singing like Streets. For me I loved exit in 2017 because it was more like bono of old. I’m not expecting him to climb the rafters again like 83. But he is the front man give us the energy n will respond.
    He's 60 in May...
  7. Originally posted by melon51:[..]

About OTH, he never made a "real serious" attempt in 2006-2011 to hit the high "raining" parts in that song, though he might have tried a couple of times...

On JT2017 he at least tried to incorporate a new melody in that part of the song Although I remember he tried the "raining" part as wel, I'll look that up (also for Peterrrrr )
    He did hit it perfectly well during the ‘and when it’s raining, raining hard...’ part in 2006-11. The outro bit when he repeats ‘raining’ he didn’t really do at least not for the version on u22.
  8. Feel free to listen to the Saitama gig that’s recently been made available for Bono belting out the ‘it’s true’ bit. The streets you’ve posted is overrated and Raised By Wolves tbh I don’t really know they hardly played it on E&I, it sounded fine to me but Bono got lost a few times.
  9. Originally posted by f1schu111:For me bono has lost something in performance in terms of he’s a lot more static. You have big energy songs n he just standing in one place singing like Streets. For me I loved exit in 2017 because it was more like bono of old. I’m not expecting him to climb the rafters again like 83. But he is the front man give us the energy n will respond.
    Well, he's older, had massive back surgery and had a serious biking injury. Yeah the change is noticeable, but what should we expect? He's lucky he's not in a wheelchair.
  10. I think it's not about the high notes, he still hits some impressive notes but (unfortunately) it will never be 1989 again..

Just that 4-month period he often sounded almost otherworldly.. Funny thing is, he was a lot(!) worse during the '87 tour.. Almost makes me wonder how he did that in '89. I know that at least there were a lot of effects on his vocal during Lovetown, something they never did prior or after that.. Or it might have been some proper "medication..

He made a lot of (lifestyle) choices that contributed to losing a bit of range and power. He made a lot up for that along the way with style and delivery.
  11. Originally posted by melon51:I think it's not about the high notes, he still hits some impressive notes but (unfortunately) it will never be 1989 again..

Just that 4-month period he often sounded almost otherworldly.. Funny thing is, he was a lot(!) worse during the '87 tour.. Almost makes me wonder how he did that in '89. I know that at least there were a lot of effects on his vocal during Lovetown, something they never did prior or after that.. Or it might have been some proper "medication..

He made a lot of (lifestyle) choices that contributed to losing a bit of range and power. He made a lot up for that along the way with style and delivery.
    Have to say that that linked Chicago 2015 gig is him absolutely on top of his game. It's like there's 30% more energy/power present
  12. I think Bono should let The Edge lip synch more!