1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Not in a good way, that closing trio is perfection placement and quality wise. I do like the zoo tv positioning of the fly and mysterious ways better though. They could have done something like this on AB

1. Zoo station
    2. The Fly
    3. Real Thing
    4. Mysterious Ways
    5. One
    6. Until the end of the world
    7. Who’s gonna ride your wild horses
    8. So cruel
    9. Tryin to throw your arms
    10. Ultraviolet
    11. Acrobat
    12. Love is blindness
    100%
  2. Originally posted by melon51:
    Just read today that they left off Heartland in favour of Trip Although I think I agree, think Trip uplifts in the right spot on the album..

Exactly
    In my opinion, Trip live is a bit underrated. I just really love live performance of Trip on TJT Tour, especially from Berlin' 17
    I think the laid-back atmosphere, Bono's chats to his bandmates, good visualisation make this performance exceptional.
    You can feel that they all feel comfortable playing this song
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    How about this one

01 - Where The Streets Have No Name
    02 - Hawkmoon 269
    03 - Bullet The Blue Sky
    04 - Running To Stand Still
    05 - Red Hill Mining Town
    06 - Heartland
    07 - In God's Country
    08 - God Part II
    09 - Exit
    10 - One Tree Hill
    11 - All I Want Is You
    Well, you're cheating big time there You're putting in the best of R&H and taking out the worst JT songs hahaha
  4. It's interesting..

Think Hawkmoon is too heavy or "soaring" straight after Streets. For a nice contrast you might maybe put God part II in that spot

So maybe this?

01 - Where The Streets Have No Name
    02 - God Part II
    03 - Running To Stand Still
    04 - Bullet The Blue Sky
    05 - Hawkmoon 269
    06 - Red Hill Mining Town
    07 - In God's Country
    08 - Heartland
    09 - Exit
    10 - One Tree Hill
    11 - All I Want Is You

?
  5. Combining 2 albums -whether they belong together or not- is cheating big time, it's like putting the best of Zooropa inside Achtung Baby...

01 - Zoo Station
    02 - The Fly
    03 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    04 - Mysterious Ways
    05 - One
    06 - Zooropa
    07 - Lemon
    08 - Ultraviolet (Light My way)
    09 - Stay
    10 - Dirty Day
    11 - Acrobat
    12 - Love Is Blindness

6. That's too much.. Overload
  7. I'm not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion:

Love Is All We Have Left reminds me of Comfortably Numb
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:Combining 2 albums -whether they belong together or not- is cheating big time, it's like putting the best of Zooropa inside Achtung Baby...

01 - Zoo Station
    02 - The Fly
    03 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    04 - Mysterious Ways
    05 - One
    06 - Zooropa
    07 - Lemon
    08 - Ultraviolet (Light My way)
    09 - Stay
    10 - Dirty Day
    11 - Acrobat
    12 - Love Is Blindness

A little tweaking of the order and I’m almost fully agreed but I’d have UTEOTW in there instead of Mysterious Ways.
  9. Hmm. Zoorapa after One? Why not put UTEOTW there and then Zooropa as a "hidden track on some obscure edition"..

And I'd say Stay doubles a bit with One in terms of the designated power ballad., And if you want 11 tracks maximum.. Which "One" gets to "Stay"?
  10. Originally posted by melon51:Hmm. Zoorapa after One? Why not put UTEOTW there and then Zooropa as a "hidden track on some obscure edition"..

And I'd say Stay doubles a bit with One in terms of the designated power ballad., And if you want 11 tracks maximum.. Which "One" gets to "Stay"?
    Hahaha, it was hard enough to leave UTEOTW and Horses out, don't put any more salt in the wound It was just to illustrate my point. No way I'd stick to that tracklist if I had to make a Best Of AB&Zoo
  11. Imagine them during frantic last minute overdubs/insecurities trying to decide on a running order for the album on the very last night..
  12. Exactly