1. I'm afraid that SOE will have only these versions of The Best Thing haha
  2. We've already heard the whole album and haven't realized it yet.
  3. I think they should release every single mix they make of every single song.
    This way, we would have the album(s) a lot earlier, since they wouldn't be worrying that much about if this mix is the perfectest mix they could possibly make.

It'll be like, release the album, if tomorrow you get a better mix, release it as well. who cares? is the digital era, release 20 different versions of each song and let people choose. Just release the songs asap.
  4. Only heard 30 seconds of it, don't need to hear more..... Wtf are they doing? Forget this song and show us you still got something interesting to play.
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I think they should release every single mix they make of every single song.
    This way, we would have the album(s) a lot earlier, since they wouldn't be worrying that much about if this mix is the perfectest mix they could possibly make.

It'll be like, release the album, if tomorrow you get a better mix, release it as well. who cares? is the digital era, release 20 different versions of each song and let people choose. Just release the songs asap.
    Agreed with this. I get where people are coming from in viewing this as an insecure, desperate attempt to release yet another "mix" of the same song from a band that continues to second-guess itself late in their career. But I'm choosing to stay positive and look at the three different official mixes (four including the "sci-fi" one?) of Best Thing as a way to appreciate the same song in multiple ways.
  6. Originally posted by hello123:I dont mind it..... I quite like the bridge on this version. I like how Bono goes from restrained to full Bono at the end.

Also agree with this. I certainly still prefer the single mix and Kygo's remix to this version, but appreciate how it builds up acoustically, for sure. A nice enough effort to play once in a while to change things up.
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I think they should release every single mix they make of every single song.

That's actually a great idea, and if a song starts out terrible then we can kind of go on the journey with them making it good. It wouldn't need to change there style in the studio they could still just leave certain songs alone if it's not going anywhere and focus on the ones with potential. Due to all our different tastes we'd probably all end up liking loads of songs just different versions.
  8. Edge's guitar in the bridge of the acustic version is great.

Weird vocal take from Bono though
  9. They should just start releasing all the vocal, guitar, bass, and drum tracks and let us each make our own mix based on what we like.
  10. haha good idea
  11. Question that's maybe already been answered weeks ago: did the "Sci-fi" mix ever get officially released for purchase/download? Or just able to stream online and hear via radio? Not asking for a forbidden link, just curious! Thanks.

12. I hadn't noticed it till listening to the Acoustic Version, but the "if" is faintly present in the Sci-Fi Soul Mix, and *might* even be barely there in the single - it's hard to tell with the mix though.