U2's cancelled shows: the why & when's
U2 played many shows and rarely did shows get cancelled. Still they did happen, with a notable 3 cancellatio..
  1. Why St. Louis ? U2 could of played any number of safer Midwest cities like Cincinnati Ohio?
  2. I've been saying all along this tour was poorly routed. They could have played Atlanta instead of New Orleans and sold out easily... thats all on Live Nation.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    There's always one, suggesting the band are weak is a really weak argument. As far as I'm concerned the cancellation was due to fear for the safety of the fans, quite simple really and understandable, I don't think the band had themselves in mind with the decision whatsoever.

Really weak argument. (Not yours, the guy with the tweets) Especially compared to the repercussions they'd face if they had gone on with the show and there was just one incident...
  4. It's a silly analogy. Twitter really is a nest of spiders.

5. Wow, didn't know that. Shades of Popmart 1997 USA.
  6. It's a shame more people aren't experiencing this once in a lifetime U2 experience entire JT album played live along with the worlds largest LCD tv in 8k !
    Their loss ,I guess???
  7. Absolutely. We've been anticipating it since this leg was announce. Playing secondary markets isn't the best idea, and if you do it without a new album and after playing a massive first leg around the same areas, the disaster is bound to happen.

Look at this disheartening pic from Kansas:

http://u2start.com/photos/view/29204/

If you look at it without seeing the stage -and despite the differences in photo quality after 20 years- you could say it's a Popmart pic.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Absolutely. We've been anticipating it since this leg was announce. Playing secondary markets isn't the best idea, and if you do it without a new album and after playing a massive first leg around the same areas, the disaster is bound to happen.

Look at this disheartening pic from Kansas:

http://u2start.com/photos/view/29204/

[image]

If you look at it without seeing the stage -and despite the differences in photo quality after 20 years- you could say it's a Popmart pic.
  9. Yeah that's what happens when they play in these smaller Midwest markets. Cool that they are trying to reach out to all the fans more, sucks that stadiums look like this.
  10. It's Still a lot of people in photo!!!these stadiums are mega-huge!!! it will be interesting to see actual attendance numbers after JT 2017 tour is officially over???
  11. Originally posted by ew6655:[..]
    It's Still a lot of people in photo!!!these stadiums are mega-huge!!! it will be interesting to see actual attendance numbers after JT 2017 tour is officially over???

Attendance numbers can be decieving, but now that you mention it, official Billboard figures:

Average attendance: 44,700 And still they declare it as sold outs