2017-10-03 - Mexico City
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. It would be good if all proceeds or at least all profits from the DVD went to some sort of aid for Mexico. I don't know if any of the profits from the Paris DVD went towards anything although I suspect even if publicly they didn't behind the scenes u2 were probably donating heavily as they always have. Anyway I could see a Mexico JT DVD being one of my favourite will take the emotion in some of they songs to the next level.
  2. That's strange my ga for London worked out at around €91, £80 roughly, what was the standard ga price in the states?
  3. Same goes for all Latin America shows, in Argentina a GA is like 240 euros or something.
  4. I don't understand that at all, not particularly comfortable about it either. Why charge more than 2 and a half times the price in Argentina and over 1.5 times the price in Mexico?
  5. Probably why they don't tour there often.
  6. Mexico, Chile and I'm sure other countries in Latin America are countries with great income inequality. So yes, $160 for a GA ticket seems like too much for the people with low income, but there is always plenty of people that can pay for that and even more. People have paid a lot more for a mediocre game in the local soccer league.
    I'm guessing the considerable transportation costs and the local promoters wanting their cut contributes to these prices.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I don't understand that at all, not particularly comfortable about it either. Why charge more than 2 and a half times the price in Argentina and over 1.5 times the price in Mexico?
    Probably to make up for the bigger expense that takes to set up their big-ass stadium show there. Instead of assuming it and make these less profitable (or even profit-less) shows for the band & LiveNation, they pour it in the ticket prices. Which is highly unfair but understandable - this band is a company associated with more companies, not an NGO.

Summary:
  8. Who was it who once said "GREED IS GOOD" ?
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Probably to make up for the bigger expense that takes to set up their big-ass stadium show there. Instead of assuming it and make these less profitable (or even profit-less) shows for the band & LiveNation, they pour it in the ticket prices. Which is highly unfair but understandable - this band is a company associated with more companies, not an NGO.

Summary:
    That's shocking but sounds like the correct explanation. I really don't like that at all. I can accept if they'd kept the price the same even if it was a bigger percentage of the standard wage, but to deliberately charge more is ridiculous, it's unacceptable really.
  10. Brazil and Colombia are other blatant examples of this crap. In Brazil, GAs are 500 R$ which is about a 30% of their average salary - and Brazil is the most unequal country in South America, where a 5% of the population own around a 60% of the wealth. And even worse for Colombia where a GA is $580000 (over half a million pesos), which is around 170€ and just over a 50% of the month salary. EAT THAT UP.