2017-10-03 - Mexico City
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That's shocking but sounds like the correct explanation. I really don't like that at all. I can accept if they'd kept the price the same even if it was a bigger percentage of the standard wage, but to deliberately charge more is ridiculous, it's unacceptable really.
    Exactly. Charging the equivalent amount of 80€ / $80 in each country for GAs would still be a lot more than most people there can afford, BUT would be more fair and in line with other -less- unequal markets like Europe, where a GA in Greece and Spain costs the same as in Germany or Sweden, where they earn twice as much as us.

But charging DOUBLE just to make up for the logistic expenses? It makes me really, really sad and angry. I try not to think much about it but it's hard to accept that your band, the band you love with all your heart, is accepting this.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Mexico, Chile and I'm sure other countries in Latin America are countries with great income inequality. So yes, $160 for a GA ticket seems like too much for the people with low income, but there is always plenty of people that can pay for that and even more. People have paid a lot more for a mediocre game in the local soccer league.
    I'm guessing the considerable transportation costs and the local promoters wanting their cut contributes to these prices.
    Don't forget Brazil! We all know our friends in Brazil are loaded.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Brazil and Colombia are other blatant examples of this crap. In Brazil, GAs are 500 R$ which is about a 30% of their average salary - and Brazil is the most unequal country in South America, where a 5% of the population own around a 60% of the wealth. And even worse for Colombia where a GA is $580000 (over half a million pesos), which is around 170€ and just over a 50% of the month salary. EAT THAT UP.
    And every one of those 5% are at every U2 show on tour, obviously!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Exactly. Charging the equivalent amount of 80€ / $80 in each country for GAs would still be a lot more than most people there can afford, BUT would be more fair and in line with other -less- unequal markets like Europe, where a GA in Greece and Spain costs the same as in Germany or Sweden, where they earn twice as much as us.

But charging DOUBLE just to make up for the logistic expenses? It makes me really, really sad and angry. I try not to think much about it but it's hard to accept that your band, the band you love with all your heart, is accepting this.
    I share the exact same feelings on the matter, it's genuinly a huge surprise to me they're allowing that. I really do consider the members of u2 as people who do care and make a difference in general but this is impossible to defend.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

They had recoup some of that $5 million they had to pay the Brazilian promoter who sued them.

6. Well, when I saw that (when they came out) it was heart crushing... It would've been extremely irresponsible for me to pay for one of those tickets (plus transportation and more, which is as much as the ticket itself), so I definitely can't go (not sure how tempted I would've been if this was for i+e/e+I instead).

I just hope that in the end they're both sold out, so there's at least a chance that they come back in the future...
  7. Has anyone that bought Red Zone tickets received the email with information for pick up?
  8. in Mexico local prices are because local promoter (OCESA CIE, a monopoly). profit. This happens with almost every show they bring, 1st world prices but salaries of 3rd World. Also 3rd world venues, old and obsolete, ugly and insecure.
  9. How much is RZ ?
  10. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

Well, when I saw that (when they came out) it was heart crushing... It would've been extremely irresponsible for me to pay for one of those tickets (plus transportation and more, which is as much as the ticket itself), so I definitely can't go (not sure how tempted I would've been if this was for i+e/e+I instead).

I just hope that in the end they're both sold out, so there's at least a chance that they come back in the future...

That's the other side of the coin. With more logical prices, all these shows would have been instand soldouts. But sadly none of the cities (not even Colombia with its first show ever!) have seen full sold outs yet. Sad.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

That's the other side of the coin. With more logical prices, all these shows would have been instand soldouts. But sadly none of the cities (not even Colombia with its first show ever!) have seen full sold outs yet. Sad.
    There's only ONE city that hasn't sold out... Actually, less than that... like five.

(Mexican joke and current meme)