1. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    I think Spotify has all of U2's LPs available, but it's hit/miss when it comes to their other releases. I was wondering if Spotify would eventually put everything up there because if they did it would make things very confusing with some songs released multiple times.
    Of course all the major releases are on there but no singles prior to 2004. That's what I would love.
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    I think Spotify has all of U2's LPs available, but it's hit/miss when it comes to their other releases. I was wondering if Spotify would eventually put everything up there because if they did it would make things very confusing with some songs released multiple times.
    Many artists have several songs that appear under different releases. For example, in an album, in a greatest hits, and in the remastered version of the album. What I have always wondered is if those songs appearing under multiple releases all sum up together for that song's play count.
  3. Would love it if a service like Spotify would get the something like what Itunes had in 2005, "The Complete U2, " with all the singles, and rarities.

.... not to get away too much from the Get Out of Your Own Way discussion...
  4. When’s the video out?
  5. I actually don't mind the Blackout remix, I think it's better then this remix.....
    yeah when is the video coming out..... only 24 seconds released? Weird, when did bands start teasing videos..
  6. I've gotten to the point where I can enjoy this song in context of the album as a whole. Love the Kendrick Lamar segue between this and American Soul, even if these are the two weakest songs on the album. And, like many U2 songs, it sounds better live.

And yet...I still can't get over how similar it is to Beautiful Day. I know others have noted this from when they first heard this song and maybe have moved on since then, but I'll go as far as to say that I don't need or care for both GOOYOW and BD in the same setlist, because it'd be like hearing the same song/experiencing the same mood and emotions twice in the same show. Maybe I'm just being overly harsh still but it's like everything in this song is just reworked from a better hit: the drum loop sound, the similar bassline, the light guitar work in the background in the verses, Edge's backing vocals on the chorus, the outro guitar part (Kendrick's rap being where Bono usually snippets in BD), even the fact that "day" and "way" rhyme! And on and on...

Someone help! Do I have to just accept this to better enjoy the song or "is that all?"
  7. Wtf was that? It seems very snap chatty to me.
  8. Ditch BD during the tour and snippet it during GOOYOW...