1. I think the point of that sequence is to say that regular people could easily be KKK, who rally behind trump, not nexessarily saying that all supporters are KKK.

That being said, and this is strictly speaking as someone who isn’t American and isn’t even really a liberal, I don’t really understand how anyone of sound mind could support this man.

I do think it’s quite a stretch for them to make that “statement” though.

That being said, I love seeing U2 ruffle feathers, and ruffle feathers they CERTAINLY have. This basically says “here’s where we stand, we’re not going to shy away from how we feel about this”, it’s almost a punk attitude and punk video in terms of the backbone and attitude (not the musical genre or video aesthetic).

I do think they’ll see some empty seats on their US tour though.
  2. If you are a Christian you will defend the weak.you will protect the earth and you will love your enemy.
  3. Trump is the enemy of love
  4. How does this tie in? And I’m actually curious
  5. I man who uses the right wing...
    But does not behave like a christian.where is the love...only fear and hate.
  6. If you’re saying Trump isn’t behaving like a Christian, it’s because I doubt he is one
  7. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Finally, someone else. The implication that Trump and the KKK are connected somehow is beyond asinine. It’s okay to dislike the guy, but let’s be fair. Maybe they could have also had a portion of the video showing Antifa burning and looting.

Conservatives are mad, btw, because this crap is everywhere - radio, television, music, sports. Hence the pissed YouTube comments.

All the +1's. Check your inbox.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think that’s the case .I think they are sort of tarring Trump with the same brush as the kkk. That would be a different matter to debate whether that’s right or wrong. Certainly though I could see how kkk members would share certain values with trump, however there are plenty of people who voted for trump for reasons that are more understandable, and I think the band recognise this.

The band might. The video doesn't. The band okay'd the video.

No bueno.
  9. My point was that the video doesn’t imply that either. I reckon most people who associate themselves with the kkk voted for trump, I think that’s what the video sort of implies, that’s a very different thing from saying all trump supporters are associated with the kkk.
  10. But we should love our enemy’s right?

Some would say the last 8 years under Obama were “horrible” and anti conservative and they would mostly be right. But I don’t think the media along with pretty much all of Hollywood jump all over Obama.

Jesus says to Love your enemies and Pray for those who persecute you.

I, for one, am shocked with Bono (as Christian as he may be) going so strong against Trump. He has sat with Presidents Bush and Obama before why not have a “talk” with Trump as well. I’m sure he didn’t agree 100% with everything either Bush or Obama did but he still “put up with” those two and respectably talked.
  11. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Finally, someone else. The implication that Trump and the KKK are connected somehow is beyond asinine. It’s okay to dislike the guy, but let’s be fair. Maybe they could have also had a portion of the video showing Antifa burning and looting.

Conservatives are mad, btw, because this crap is everywhere - radio, television, music, sports. Hence the pissed YouTube comments.

BECAUSE IT IS TRUE! I am super left but also very critical of those who believer they are “lefter” than me. When you have the President saying that there were some “good people” on the side of the white supremisists there is a serious problem.
  12. Except the Christians I know are hypocrites who judge everyone.