1. Nobody knows he Bible better than Trump though. He said it himself. Corinthians II is his favourite. ?
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

BECAUSE IT IS TRUE! I am super left but also very critical of those who believer they are “lefter” than me. When you have the President saying that there were some “good people” on the side of the white supremisists there is a serious problem.
    Are you referring to the period after the Robert E Lee statue removal protests? If so, he actually said there were good people on both sides of the protest.

“I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,” he said.
  3. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Are you referring to the period after the Robert E Lee statue removal protests? If so, he actually said there were good people on both sides of the protest.

“I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,” he said.
    +1

4. thats why it's out of touch. you and U2 and the company that made the video are talking about things you've only observed from the outside. the kkk is not in any way a bloc of voters with any political power despite what foreigners think.
  5. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[..]

thats why it's out of touch. you and U2 and the company that made the video are talking about things you've only observed from the outside. the kkk is not in any way a bloc of voters with any political power despite what foreigners think.
    This. The KKK, a rising problem? 4% of the US was part of the KKK in 1920. Now? .003%. Progress.
  6. I mean they’re still voters, and the video is implying that they’re hiding in plain sight. Not necessarily members, but racists, that’s the point of the video. I don’t think it takes a genius or even an American to figure out that “racists” probably voted for Trump. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying “trump voters are racist”, I’m saying that racists like him, and that’s a problem....

And you’re right, I am an outsider talking about things I’m not a part of. Believe me, I’m glad, and from out here, it looks like the country is losing its mind at the moment.
  7. Let's see:

There are white supremacists in the White House and in government: Trump, Stephen Miller, and before there was Bannon and Gorka. And that's not counting Steve King a.k.a "diversity is not a strength" and a long list. This was obvious before the whole "shithole countries" fiasco. The video shows that, and I get the point. But now in 2018 we are beyond any parody. The reality is way more terrible than any parody or satire. Just putting these guys in a KKK hood is not going to break any ground. I wanted to see a more clever and poignant critique in the video, if they decided to go that way.
    For me, the video and the song are not good enough because they only offer platitudes against a bleak reality.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I mean they’re still voters, and the video is implying that they’re hiding in plain sight. Not necessarily members, but racists, that’s the point of the video. I don’t think it takes a genius or even an American to figure out that “racists” probably voted for Trump. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying “trump voters are racist”, I’m saying that racists like him, and that’s a problem....

And you’re right, I am an outsider talking about things I’m not a part of. Believe me, I’m glad, and from out here, it looks like the country is losing its mind at the moment.
    Racists probably did vote for him. Example: Trump is (in)famous for his plans to build a wall on our southern border. Racists like that for the wrong reason, ignoring the fact that a wall can serve a legitimate purpose.

I just don't like people using that to sully Trump's reputation.
  9. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]

Sure. After not saying anything for days. Also. What the actual fuck? You aren’t a good person if you are on the side of the Neo-Nazi. Ever.
  10. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

BECAUSE IT IS TRUE! I am super left but also very critical of those who believer they are “lefter” than me. When you have the President saying that there were some “good people” on the side of the white supremisists there is a serious problem.

I actually recognize 'all' peoples humanity. Castigating any group is problematic.
  11. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    Sure. After not saying anything for days. Also. What the actual fuck? You aren’t a good person if you are on the side of the Neo-Nazi. Ever.
    Nope, no exclusion there at all.