1. Originally posted by dieder:"In addition the above, there are numerous other unreleased songs dating back 10 years or more that could still see the light of day. Titles include "You Can't Give Away Your Heart," "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go," "Mercy," "North Star," "Love Is All We Have Left," "If I Could Live My Life Again," "Winter," "Soon," "Glastonbury" and "Return Of The Stingray Guitar." Some of these have been played in concert. Some have been released on non-album formats. Some have likely turned into other songs by now."

So how old is this track?
    It was first thought of in Larry's kitchen.
  2. Originally posted by dieder:"In addition the above, there are numerous other unreleased songs dating back 10 years or more that could still see the light of day. Titles include "You Can't Give Away Your Heart," "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go," "Mercy," "North Star," "Love Is All We Have Left," "If I Could Live My Life Again," "Winter," "Soon," "Glastonbury" and "Return Of The Stingray Guitar." Some of these have been played in concert. Some have been released on non-album formats. Some have likely turned into other songs by now."

So how old is this track?
    From who/when/where is that quote?
  3. Thanks
  4. Experimental. Could've been a Passengers song. Good thing.
  5. This song has been knocking around in some form since round about 2006 or earlier, I think. Bono mentioned it being 'a Frank Sinatra song' and I'm so, so glad it stayed that way...

This is easily U2's most unexpected album opener, and at least for now I think it's my favourite one too. It's so damn good.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:This song has been knocking around in some form since round about 2006 or earlier, I think. Bono mentioned it being 'a Frank Sinatra song' and I'm so, so glad it stayed that way...

This is easily U2's most unexpected album opener, and at least for now I think it's my favourite one too. It's so damn good.
    Whoa, better than Streets?
  7. Honeymoon fever, but it's damn good. Spectacular in fact, but it does not dethrone the ultimate war horse.
  8. Not better, I just like it more, you know? I feel this song more closely.

And of course, Streets is sort of in its own category because it has a magic all its own. Streets is their best album opener because it's their best song - because it is the best song.

But... I think this is my favourite.
  9. This is incredible and nowhere near long enough. Probably the best track they’ve put out since Wake Up Dead Man for me.
  10. Originally posted by iTim:This is incredible and nowhere near long enough. Probably the best track they’ve put out since Wake Up Dead Man for me.
    Helluva shame that’s it doesn’t set the tone for the rest of the album. I want a full album of this.

Then it’s immediately followed by Lights of Home and that terrible Iris ending h. How does that’s happen?
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Helluva shame that’s it doesn’t set the tone for the rest of the album. I want a full album of this.

Then it’s immediately followed by Lights of Home and that terrible Iris ending h. How does that’s happen?
    It is an incredible track. I disagree though..... I think it does set the tone for the album from a lyrical sense, which to me this album is all about a journey through its lyrics and melody. The content of the lyric about love is all we have left set the tone up for the album it is kind of like a prefix in a book.

Also i love Loghts of Home one of the best tracks shits all over love is bigger (thats a bottom 4 from the album for me) and I think the Iris chrous works great on it....