1. Should have released this as second single. So good. Modern with a touch of retro u2 from 82-83.
    The part Bono yells “no, no” gives me chills it’s so moving.
  2. i think the song reminds me of ..i cant stand losing...in a good way ...great island feel
  3. This is an absolute beast of a song, it reminds me of the early version of SUC, there was a video called “10 to four in the studio”.

Bono sounds so young and full of energy.
  4. mmh...

The Clash has been mentioned before, but now that you mentioned it, yes, I can totally hear The Police in this one.
  5. Nothing will throw U2 back to the top unfortunately. If ANY other artist were to release Best Thing/GOOYOW/SOL etc it would be number 1 everywhere...
    which is sad really
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    mmh...

The Clash has been mentioned before, but now that you mentioned it, yes, I can totally hear The Police in this one.
    Back in 2015, they had mentioned they'd been listening to The Police's albums for inspiration for SOE... I definitely feel some of that coming through on Red Flag Day.
  7. I think this is my favorite.
  8. Just a thought, was Bono's near death experience a boating incident? As they have admitted, it was more than just the bike accident. Having chest pains with swimming and diagnosed with heart disease?
  9. Originally posted by kobrien:Just a thought, was Bono's near death experience a boating incident? As they have admitted, it was more than just the bike accident. Having chest pains with swimming and diagnosed with heart disease?
    Your theory is as good as any.
  10. Originally posted by jasvan:Should have released this as second single. So good. Modern with a touch of retro u2 from 82-83.
    The part Bono yells “no, no” gives me chills it’s so moving.
    Totally agree! Love the tune
  11. I'M LOVE WITH THIS SONG
    sounds a bit like War era, Seconds meets Two Hearts Beat As One.
    by the way, I have a feeling that this lyrics "Sky will soon be clear" came from another U2 song but I can't remember it
  12. This song is getting better with every listen. I may have to change my ranking of it.