1. it is growing on me too, at first I thought it was one of the weaker songs. Now it's in the amazing basket, with most of the other songs from the album.
  2. Although I don't think this song feels like it'd fit on War at all, from a purely thematic standpoint... this is a brilliant counterpart to Drowning Man.
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Although I don't think this song feels like it'd fit on War at all, from a purely thematic standpoint... this is a brilliant counterpart to Drowning Man.
    Maybe after so many snippets and rehearsals, we'll finally get Drowning Man live...
  4. I sure hope so!! Especially after Edge said 'yeah, we'll play it sometime, it's a great song'... not that the things U2 say they'll do are always a sure thing...
  5. This song is so good, if anyone contemporary had written it critics would be going crazy for it.
    The breakdown is so punchy.
  6. Originally posted by kobrien:Just a thought, was Bono's near death experience a boating incident? As they have admitted, it was more than just the bike accident. Having chest pains with swimming and diagnosed with heart disease?

I don’t get that from this song. I really picture refugees getting in a raft. The shaking and paradise references are clear to me that people are scared and don’t exactly know where they are going.

Then there is the reference to nothing on the news. Something becomes a top story and then quickly fades away.

Not sure what a “red flag day” is? Red flag= warning?
  7. Red flag day = (on a beach) a day when a red flag is flying, signalling that the sea is not safe for swimming.
  8. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

I don’t get that from this song. I really picture refugees getting in a raft. The shaking and paradise references are clear to me that people are scared and don’t exactly know where they are going.

Then there is the reference to nothing on the news. Something becomes a top story and then quickly fades away.

Not sure what a “red flag day” is? Red flag= warning?
    Red flags are used on beaches. A red flag day is that day where there's no bathing allowed for different reasons. Usually a bad water condition with strong waves or undertow, but other times for dangers such as sharks, jellyfishes...

... or dead refugees in the shore.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Red flags are used on beaches. A red flag day is that day where there's no bathing allowed for different reasons. Usually a bad water condition with strong waves or undertow, but other times for dangers such as sharks, jellyfishes...

... or dead refugees in the shore.
    Ohhh! Thanks for the clarity there. I have not spent much time on a beach being from an inland farming community and living on an island in the middle of the North Atlantic we don’t have sunny warm beaches. Haha
  10. This one continues to be stuck in my head.
  11. I’m wondering can it segue into Streets. Images of red flags on the screen and then all red everything.
  12. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Red Flag Day performed on the e-stage after seeing this cover.