1. I just know Bono is going to be so sloppy with the “ooh oohs” after like two shows.
  2. Meh. This is a song that the audience will fucking carry. It’s just going to soar.

I love this song to bits. I put it up there with Still Haven’t Found and Pride in terms of those big U2 anthems that people look for in the band. It’s just too fantastic. I love how it’s Bono writing to his son. Feeling so familiar with Bono and his music, and having like video available of him when he was his son’s age, I don’t know. The whole circle of life thing is just too much to handle for my emotions.
  3. Beautiful lyrics from father to son.
    The door is open to go through , if I could I would come too
    But the path is made by you
    As you're walking stop singing and start talking
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Meh. This is a song that the audience will fucking carry. It’s just going to soar.

I love this song to bits. I put it up there with Still Haven’t Found and Pride in terms of those big U2 anthems that people look for in the band. It’s just too fantastic. I love how it’s Bono writing to his son. Feeling so familiar with Bono and his music, and having like video available of him when he was his son’s age, I don’t know. The whole circle of life thing is just too much to handle for my emotions.
    Same same. Upon the first listens this song struck me as very exciting (fucking epic). After some more listens it lost some of its shine, but since the last week it has grown more and more on me. It's just an enormous song with a great melody and touching lyrics
  5. Edge's guitar is great in the BBC performance, especially after the bridge.
  6. My personal favourite from the album.
    Should be superb live.
    No need for alteration,please ensure its played chaps ??.
  7. Originally posted by Timk68:Beautiful lyrics from father to son.
    The door is open to go through , if I could I would come too
    But the path is made by you
    As you're walking stop singing and start talking
    Key typo there! Start singing and stop talking!
  8. Agree, according to what Bono sings and what the album lyrics say, but I pointed out earlier that the back of the album cover says the opposite (stop singing and start talking). Don’t know if that reversal is intentional or not still...

Anyway, as the first day of Christmas was ending last night I put this song on to celebrate and it was glorious. Still don’t see it as one of their all-time greatests like many on here, but definitely the one that has grown on me the most, for reasons already mentioned. I think knowing the story behind the song and the history of the band makes it stand out more than it would on its own. I only ask that that BBC extended outro goes on for at least 10 minutes when they play it live next year.
  9. I love the song, but I'm not so sure how it would work with no additional vocals... and this is not the 80's when people actually tried to sing along something.
  10. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I love the song, but I'm not so sure how it would work with no additional vocals... and this is not the 80's when people actually tried to sing along something.
    Sadly.