1. Don’t think this has been asked much but how many songs do you think the band will rotate each night in this tour? I’ve seen the odd comment about the band not rotating much in recent tours but really TJT17 is the first tour in a while they haven’t mixed up the Setlist quite significantly, maybe not as much on the European leg of I&E but combined with the North American leg they played plenty of different songs. Anyway when I seen them in Glasgow they played 5 songs on night 2 that didn’t appear night 1 Gloria, desire, angel Of Harlem, bad and 40. They generally seemed to switch at least 4/5 mainly the 2nd song the e stage songs and the final song with 40 added to the make the Setlist longer. I think we can probably expect a similar amount of rotation again for the E&I tour.
  2. I would reckon 3-4 ; probably 1-2 in the first set, 1-2 on the E-stage and 1 near the end of the set.
  3. The Elevation era version of The Fly seriously needs to come back this tour.

I know there was an interview with Adam (I can't recall which station/site) a few weeks ago and he mentioned the band considering not playing many songs from the TJT tour. I'd understand them wanting to give ISHFWILF, Bad, Pride, WOWY and of course side 2 of TJT a break...but surely they wouldn't drop Streets?
  4. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:The Elevation era version of The Fly seriously needs to come back this tour.

I know there was an interview with Adam (I can't recall which station/site) a few weeks ago and he mentioned the band considering not playing many songs from the TJT tour. I'd understand them wanting to give ISHFWILF, Bad, Pride, WOWY and of course side 2 of TJT a break...but surely they wouldn't drop Streets?
    wont happen.
  5. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:The Elevation era version of The Fly seriously needs to come back this tour.

I think edge said as well they would give the JT songs a rest. I don’t interpret that though as they’ll drop the full album, I think Streets and WOWY will remain at least or maybe they’ll not play WOWY to begin with but songs like that always find there way back into the Setlist. Apart from that ISHFWILF could show up occasionally, don’t know if bullet makes a return 50/50, the rest i’d say no chance although I had hoped exit would have stuck around considering how well it was received recently but doubt it.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think edge said as well they would give the JT songs a rest. I don’t interpret that though as they’ll drop the full album, I think Streets and WOWY will remain at least or maybe they’ll not play WOWY to begin with but songs like that always find there way back into the Setlist. Apart from that ISHFWILF could show up occasionally, don’t know if bullet makes a return 50/50, the rest i’d say no chance although I had hoped exit would have stuck around considering how well it was received recently but doubt it.
    Yeah, I could definitely see them starting the tour off with very little/no Joshua Tree songs and slowly adding them in as the tour progresses, similar to Vertigo on TJT30. I'd love a Bullet/Exit rotation but think it's unlikely, sadly.

Manchester 1 and 2 will be my 5th and 6th gigs. As much as I'd like to hear some deep cuts I've still got that desire for the warhorses. My (personal) ideal set with some rotation slots thrown in.

*Love Is All We Have Left on PA- Bono solo intro*
    1. The Blackout
    2. The Fly
    3. Vertigo
    4. Lights of Home
    5. Get Out of Your Own Way
    6. American Soul
    7. Stuck in a Moment (full band/Edge on piano)
    8. Beautiful Day
    9. Until the End of the World
    (Intermission- Mofo over PA with Popmart inspired visuals)
    10. Zoo Station (inside stage)
    *E-stage section begins*
    11. (Disco ball descends...) Discotheque/Mysterious Ways
    12. You're The Best Thing About Me
    13. Angel of Harlem/Desire/Red Flag Day
    14. Staring at the Sun/Trying to Throw You Arms.../Stay
    15. Every Breaking Wave/13 (There is a Light)
    *E-stage section ends*
    16. I Will Follow/Gloria/Electric Co.
    17. Pride/WOWY
    18. One/occasional appearance of Bad
    19. The Little Things...

20. Where The Streets Have No Name
    21. All I Want is You
    22. Love is Bigger...

Perhaps 40 could show up as an extra closer for the odd 'special' night.
  7. We should perhaps count Summer of Love as one of the "probables" in the setlist now that's being released as a single, right?
  8. Originally posted by MattG:We should perhaps count Summer of Love as one of the "probables" in the setlist now that's being released as a single, right?
    Yeah possibly the remix version as well which sounds a lot more friendly for the live environment. Personally I’d prefer the album version but I still can’t see that getting played.

9. Bored in a meeting earlier
  10. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    Yeah, I could definitely see them starting the tour off with very little/no Joshua Tree songs and slowly adding them in as the tour progresses, similar to Vertigo on TJT30. I'd love a Bullet/Exit rotation but think it's unlikely, sadly.

Manchester 1 and 2 will be my 5th and 6th gigs. As much as I'd like to hear some deep cuts I've still got that desire for the warhorses. My (personal) ideal set with some rotation slots thrown in.

*Love Is All We Have Left on PA- Bono solo intro*
    1. The Blackout
    2. The Fly
    3. Vertigo
    4. Lights of Home
    5. Get Out of Your Own Way
    6. American Soul
    7. Stuck in a Moment (full band/Edge on piano)
    8. Beautiful Day
    9. Until the End of the World
    (Intermission- Mofo over PA with Popmart inspired visuals)
    10. Zoo Station (inside stage)
    *E-stage section begins*
    11. (Disco ball descends...) Discotheque/Mysterious Ways
    12. You're The Best Thing About Me
    13. Angel of Harlem/Desire/Red Flag Day
    14. Staring at the Sun/Trying to Throw You Arms.../Stay
    15. Every Breaking Wave/13 (There is a Light)
    *E-stage section ends*
    16. I Will Follow/Gloria/Electric Co.
    17. Pride/WOWY
    18. One/occasional appearance of Bad
    19. The Little Things...

20. Where The Streets Have No Name
    21. All I Want is You
    22. Love is Bigger...

Perhaps 40 could show up as an extra closer for the odd 'special' night.
    I'd love for some songs from Pop to finally appear since they've been neglected for years. It may not be their best album, but I feel it's time for some 90s stuff to re-appear.
  11. It is their best album... I can only ever see Please and Staring returning but doubt that. Would love the rock version of Mofo that we heard in the 1996 demos or 05 rehearsals.
  12. My biggest hope for the tour is they play plenty of SOE each night and stick with it for the duration of the tour. Please don’t play Landlady or summer Of Love on opening night and/or a couple of times during the North American leg only for us Europeans never to see it, (I’m thinking California and the troubles I&E tour).