1. Originally posted by TRISTAN:Every Breaking Wave is born to be played electric with full band........ Adam's bass blazing with all its glory. When will U2 realize this simple truth ?
    Amen. With the exception of NYD and October, pianos have no business tinkling around on U2 songs. And orchestras, don't get me started on orchestras...
  2. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    Amen. With the exception of NYD and October, pianos have no business tinkling around on U2 songs. And orchestras, don't get me started on orchestras...
    Unless you're talking about that performance of Miss Sarajevo with Pavarotti.
  3. Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

30 + Orchestra and 10 or so choir. Some songs the orchestra simply complimented ( one, aiwiy,) others triggered an interesting re-work (ytbtam).

Spotted Paul McGuinness, Gavin Friday, Cillian Murphy but didn’t see the rumoured Noel Gallagher

Ended with 1 hour interview of the band with Cat Deeley

Spoke (and got autographs) with Bono and The Edge. Bono told me there will be a Scottish gig as part of 2018 tour this time but he couldn’t remember venue!

First time I’ve ever spoken to any of the band in 30 years of gig attending.

Wonderful night
  4. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

30 + Orchestra and 10 or so choir. Some songs the orchestra simply complimented ( one, aiwiy,) others triggered an interesting re-work (ytbtam).

Spotted Paul McGuinness, Gavin Friday, Cillian Murphy but didn’t see the rumoured Noel Gallagher

Spoke (and got autographs) with Bono and The Edge. Bono told me there will be a Scottish gig as part of 2018 tour this time but he couldn’t remember venue!

Wonderful night
    anyone talked about ticket madness with the band?
    Btw. big orchestra and big choir sounds promising...
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    anyone talked about ticket madness with the band?
    Btw. big orchestra and big choir sounds promising...
    I felt the orchestration was really subtle at times - will be interested to hear how the final mix sounds
  6. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

Wonderful night
    Super jealous. Good for you, man!
  7. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

Wonderful night
    Nice One
  8. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

Wonderful night
    Sounds fantastic, well done. As for Scotland, my money is on the Corran Halls in Oban!
  9. Haha - could you imagine??

10. There were Scottish gigs last time in Glasgow
  11. Originally posted by mrkdffy:Somehow I managed to chop my original post a bit last night...

Wonderful night

Wow Equally jealous and glad for you, and thanks a lot for sharing!!