1. "This song is fucking epic"
  2. 1. The 'so many stars, so many ways of seeing' bit in Love is All We Have Left.
    2. Bono's "No's" in Red Flag Day.
    3. The chorus in Book of Your Heart

I freakin' love this album btw
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Some more lines:
    *I've been thinking 'bout the west coast, not the one that everyone knows
    *Sometimes the end is not coming, is not coming, the end is here
    *If I can hear myself when I say...

Also, shamelessly a favorite for me:
    *It's your fight, your fight, fight back...
    *When you look so good...
    (That one actually makes me wonder if that brush with the death was actually some depression...)
    That last part is what I was thinking, not Bono perse. Maybe one of his kids? Not really wanting to start some kind o rumour about that, but I got that feeling too when listening to some parts of the album.'' Darkness gathers around the light'' etc.
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    That last part is what I was thinking, not Bono perse. Maybe one of his kids? Not really wanting to start some kind o rumour about that, but I got that feeling too when listening to some parts of the album.'' Darkness gathers around the light'' etc.
    It's also that the "look so good" is at least in two songs...

When you look so good, the pain in your face doesn't show, in a song that ends with the "why am I walking away?" line.

Then, the "you think you look so good, look so good" in a song that he keeps talking about his heartache and falling apart...

---

Another favorite moment, but more subjective:
    when I'm enjoying a song, and I'm become aware that I'm enjoying it and that it actually is still sounding good to me... it moves me in every song when that happens.
  5. The abbey road/st pepper Beatles inspired coda at the end of the lights of home, fabulous

The use of echo in little things and it’s different take of vocal delivery it now seems much more knowing than desperate which I love. Bono sounds like a ghost

The urgency of red flag day and Bono’s youthful delivery

Summer of love and it’s hook that it just sits on and doesn’t deviate from, it makes the song all the more interesting, Ed Sheeran would be proud of this song

More to come...
  6. reading the RTE review I recalled another one:

I knew I loved something in Showman just didn't remembered which part:
    The brass section in Showman.
    It reminded me of Codeine Velvet Club.
  7. Never mind a u2 classic. A classic album. So emotional
  8. Just because my favourite moment might be different to your favourite moment doesn't make it any less valid
  9. Your favourite moment isn’t ‘when it’s finally over’ though otherwise you could just refuse to play it. You are trying to be smart, it’s fair enough saying you don’t like an album, in fact why not go into depth about why you don’t like it on the SOE thread, that’s far more interesting however to just criticise the album with these little remarks is useless really. I also stand by what I said earlier this thread isn’t really for negativity towards the album but again big deal, it doesn’t really matter I’m just saying don’t expect either positive feedback from others or for someone not to argue back.

10. This is hilarious. Again haven’t heard the album but even if it’s my favorite album ever I could find humor in this.