1. Originally posted by Ultravioletl25:The Little Things That Give You Away starting at

"Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes, sometimes I'm full of anger and grieving So far away from believing that any sun will reappear...."

That part gets me everytime
    I think that's THE SOE moment for many of us.
  2. 13, Landlady..Little Things...
  3. The strings version of lights of home
    Little things
    The other end of the telescope 7 billion stars in your eyes
    red flag day
  4. "Hold on brother John" and "There's a moment in life where the soul can die" in American Soul
  5. That moment you were so busy with work that you didn't realize the album leaked days ago and you finally got a chance to find out what the hell you were missing out on.

Also when Red Flag Day took me straight back to the beaches of San Diego.
  6. Originally posted by Caledonia:1. "Killiney Bay" and that whole passage - goosebumps everytime
    2. "Every magic potion" and that whole passage
    3. How Little Things builds and then takes off

You just wrote the exact thoughts on my mind. So true !!!
  7. 1) Lights of Home ending is just amazing...chant and slide guitar. Peak of the album for me
    2) last chorus in GOOYW where Edge kicks in
    3) Cheesy but the chorus in Showman
    4) little things... The last minute and a half. Brings me back to the Joshua tree tour
    5) Book of you heart.. The guitar solo
  8. Lights of home is growing in me.
    Not only the lyrics but also the music.

I work hard every day and I feel so good and happy when I go back home and I can see my LIGHTS of home (my wife beneath the window, my kids playing around...).

"Hey, I’ve been waiting to get home a long time"
  9. Lights of Home: “Hey, I’ve been waiting to get home a long time” then launching into that chorus: “Heeeeey now...”

Little Things transition to “Sometimes” and building up from there.

There is a Light: “are you tough enough to be kind...”

Summer of Love: the whole song, but especially the chorus has been in my head ever since hearing it the first time.

Landlady: the whole song, but especially the “every wave that broke me” coda. Might be my favorite part of any U2 song since Pop. LOVE it.
  10. 'I would win and calling it losing, if the prize was not for you.'

Seriously one of my favourite U2 lyrics. Landlady is such a beautiful song.
  11. The melody on half of the "if only you could..." (they don't all sound the same, some are more plain, the others way more interesting)
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:'I would win and calling it losing, if the prize was not for you.'

Seriously one of my favourite U2 lyrics. Landlady is such a beautiful song.
    There’s not a bad lyric in that song. that line you’ve picked out though is another classic. Landlady is an exceptional song though that will probably never get recognised as such because it’s a more recent u2 tune.