1. Yep 3rd tour in 3 years and ridiculously high ticket pricing has backfired on LN
  2. Since listening to this podcast i've been looking into some of the goings on about LiveNation and they own more than 200 venues around the world. Just noticed they own nothing in Australia, could this be the real reason why U2 won't be touring down under again. It'll be interesting to see if they do once their contract expires with LN then. Can't remember when they're signed up to, cam someone remind me. Here's a link to the LN's owned venues.
    http://www.livenationentertainment.com/map/venues
  3. Yep, I've been banging on about this for a while. We will soon have had 4 tour legs in the US in the last 3 years! So many, no doubt, due to LN's greed. Can't wait until this 12 year deal has expired (signed in 2008). Bring on 2021!
  4. Originally posted by ddarroch:Yep, I've been banging on about this for a while. We will soon have had 4 tour legs in the US in the last 3 years! So many, no doubt, due to LN's greed. Can't wait until this 12 year deal has expired (signed in 2008). Bring on 2021!
    Cheers. Must be tough for the fans down under when you realise what is probably the real reason then. Hang on in there and time will tell.
  5. Cheers I'm one of the lucky ones, 24 hours in the air, & I'll be attending the 2 Belfast shows.
  6. The list of venues, festivals and festivals sites owned by Line Nation and Ticketmaster is shocking.
  7. Live Nation of course
  8. I'm sure they'll be purchasing Australian/NZ venues soon! They've been acquiring festivals - Splendour In The Grass & Falls Festival and I'm sure some others. Just heard they acquired a majority stake in the NZ Rhythm & Vines festival too.

There is no escape!
  9. Was just wondering, has anyone got their tickets cancelled? I know during the sales there was a big thing about 4 tickets per cc etc one pre sale code per two tickets etc. Also peoples codes (like mine) would work again even after buying tickets but I was too scared to buy anymore incase they got cancelled (and the price).

So, anyone had theirs cancelled?
  10. Originally posted by italianplastic:I'm sure they'll be purchasing Australian/NZ venues soon! They've been acquiring festivals - Splendour In The Grass & Falls Festival and I'm sure some others. Just heard they acquired a majority stake in the NZ Rhythm & Vines festival too.

There is no escape!
    IE 76 shows
    EI 59 shows

17 being the difference would be the perfect number for OZ/NZ arena tour.