1. Originally posted by jheath:[..]
    Serves them right. I'm hoping after this tour lessons will be learnt, probably not though. I'd love to see what Paul McGuinness view would be.
    LOL... my thoughts are when the band got in to bed with LN, that's when Paul McGuinness decided it was time to ride off into the sunset...
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    LOL... my thoughts are when the band got in to bed with LN, that's when Paul McGuinness decided it was time to ride off into the sunset...
    No way. They signed their deal in early 2008 and McGuinne$$ didn't jump off the train until late 2013. And look at what he told Billboard in 2008: "I'm very happy to go into a partnership with [LiveNation]. And, apart from all the financial stuff, there is a real friendship, a real bond."
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    No way. They signed their deal in early 2008 and McGuinne$$ didn't jump off the train until late 2013. And look at what he told Billboard in 2008: "I'm very happy to go into a partnership with [LiveNation]. And, apart from all the financial stuff, there is a real friendship, a real bond."
    ^^^ KILLJOY WAS HERE.

4. Bought Arctic Monkey tickets today. Presale today and then GS tomorrow.

Pre sale - Don't know if I was eligible for the pre sale, but apparently if you were on the mailing list then you were. However a lot of people didn't get emails. What annoyed people the most, was that the pre sale codes, unlike U2, were all the same. So people put the codes along with the links on twitter, which allowed people like me to buy tickets.

pricing - prices for tickets were £45, £60, £75 and £66 for standing (this would vary a couple of quid depending on venue) Unlike U2, the majority of seats available were cheap, being £45 and £60. Only around 4 blocks next to the stage were priced at the top range of £75. They released the whole arena too, so you could literally choose which block you wanted instead of "searching for the best available". Also stopped the touts by using twickets as the official resale partner and you need to show ID on the door when entering etc. Sooner U2 leave LiveNation the better!
  5. +1.

Glad that you got AM tix no problem - although the mess with the presale codes wasn't funny. I gave mine to a friend who didn't get the email, only to discover that it was the same as many other people But yeah, there IS a way to make things right if they want it. U2 just doesn't care enough to make things right and leave LiveNation.
  6. Been checking Ticketmaster for the past couple days for Eminem ticket drops and today they've released 10 or so seats. Just bought some. Hopefully the same will happen with U2 GA. Even though ive been checking AXS, Ticketmaster and eventim religiously for the past month or so and nothing yet..
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:Been checking Ticketmaster for the past couple days for Eminem ticket drops and today they've released 10 or so seats. Just bought some. Hopefully the same will happen with U2 GA. Even though ive been checking AXS, Ticketmaster and eventim religiously for the past month or so and nothing yet..
    I don't like the AXS procedure at all!
  8. Drops will be nearer concert dates
  9. They seem to have changed the layout of the O2 gigs on AXS ,its a really crappy interface now .
  10. Tulsa tickets behind the stage going for £17 now