1. Thanks folks, Ticketmaster??
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Vegas 1 & 2 actually had a huge drop at the same time. It was the morning of San Jose 1, May 7, around 7-11am PST there were GA's available for both shows. So 4/5 days before the Vegas shows. I believe some also dropped on show day.

Thanks, Remy
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Vegas 1 & 2 actually had a huge drop at the same time. It was the morning of San Jose 1, May 7, around 7-11am PST there were GA's available for both shows. So 4/5 days before the Vegas shows. I believe some also dropped on show day.

And Vegas was an AXS outlet, too... so that definitely gives me hope!

4. I'd blame Live Nation and the venue organizers themselves before putting the blame on U2. You look at how many middlemen there are between the band and the fans when it comes to tours and everybody wants their cut of the pie.
  5. Am I hopeless to still wait for some GA's to pop-up on Ticketmaster??? Or at least another price drop....

6. I haven't followed the whole ticket price saga, but is my understanding that this time they are a lot more expensive than in previous tours.

How does the new ticket prices fare compared to those in latin america in any given tour?
  7. GA available for the May 19th show
  8. Love how the U2.com website shows that tomorrow is sold-out so you can no longer link to Ticketmaster, however when I go to Ticketmaster's website... the same tickets are still there.
  9. I'm still here refreshing the page every few minutes...
  10. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

I haven't followed the whole ticket price saga, but is my understanding that this time they are a lot more expensive than in previous tours.

How does the new ticket prices fare compared to those in latin america in any given tour?
    $320 for a seat or $90 for a GA is still more affordable (in % of monthly wage) than last tour's insane pricing for Latin America.

The main problem this tour is not the prices themselves (pretty similar to the last tour) but the amount of more expensive tickets there are, which increase the total gross per show but has no justification whatsoever other than pure greed. Same band, same stage, same venues, how can you charge 3 times more for the same seat only 3 years later? It's outrageous.

I posted this some months ago when US ticket sales were still not a complete debacle as they are now.

Originally posted by LikeASong:More than having an issue with the ~220€ tickets themselves, I have a problem with how many of them there are. For some European concerts there's at least a 70% of sections that are priced like that, leaving very few sectors at ~120€ and of course even less at ~40€. Most of the seats are now top-priced and that makes people angry, sales slower and in the end is a lose-lose situation for the artist and for the audience. The audience is dissapointed more easily if they forked out 200 bucks than if they spent 100, that's only logical. Specially by bands which are rather scarce and That goes against the artist since they have a fix amount that they earn per concert. Only the big corporation (aka promoter, Livenation, venue, etc) wins. The rest of us lose.