1. The madness of ticket pricing and the cliqueness of the GA line and the ever present super fans on the front rail. Life on the road with U2 is a barell of laughs
  2. Originally posted by Happy24:[..]

Well, it applies to any band really. If you want to read some really nasty and negative things about any band, go to a fan-forum . I actually find this forum really nice and friendly compared to some forums of other bands

sure, but I was specifically talking about the ticket situation. U2 still thinks about their fans, u2.com members are pretty much assured of tickets, but for many fans 1 show is not enough. I don't think in that case it's U2's problem anymore, it's our own luxury problem. Complaining about luxury problems is a sign of being spoiled.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

sure, but I was specifically talking about the ticket situation. U2 still thinks about their fans, u2.com members are pretty much assured of tickets, but for many fans 1 show is not enough. I don't think in that case it's U2's problem anymore, it's our own luxury problem. Complaining about luxury problems is a sign of being spoiled.
    if they go one with such high ticketprices ... they make shure that fans who can afford will be able to buy tickets for more shows easyly ... for shure.

or put it in an other way, I already know peaople who said I 'm not willing to pay these price (who have been you to followers for a long time) and for us ... I won't pay more than 100€ then I am out as well. and we almost reached that goal - sadly.
  4. Originally posted by Toxic:[..]
    if they go one with such high ticketprices ... they make shure that fans who can afford will be able to buy tickets for more shows easyly ... for shure.

or put it in an other way, I already know peaople who said I 'm not willing to pay these price (who have been you to followers for a long time) and for us ... I won't pay more than 100€ then I am out as well. and we almost reached that goal - sadly.
    The ticket prices will have minimum effect unless they decided to ban resale’s. Yes there are a lot of people who wouldn’t pay for the top price band tickets but if they were in a price bracket they were willing to spend then the demand would be greater both with fans and scalpers and you probably wouldn’t be able to get a ticket anyway. That’s why when you try and get a cheaper seat they are all sold out even if the views worse, people have to stick to a budget and that’s the ones they are going for. GA is where the value for money is at and look at how hard they are to get unless you’re a subscriber. The good thing about the high prices that nobody seems to want to mention is that for a lot of shows you can easily purchase a u2 ticket, it might be expensive but it’s available, I don’t think in an arena tour that would be the case with cheaper tickets.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The ticket prices will have minimum effect unless they decided to ban resale’s. Yes there are a lot of people who wouldn’t pay for the top price band tickets but if they were in a price bracket they were willing to spend then the demand would be greater both with fans and scalpers and you probably wouldn’t be able to get a ticket anyway. That’s why when you try and get a cheaper seat they are all sold out even if the views worse, people have to stick to a budget and that’s the ones they are going for. GA is where the value for money is at and look at how hard they are to get unless you’re a subscriber. The good thing about the high prices that nobody seems to want to mention is that for a lot of shows you can easily purchase a u2 ticket, it might be expensive but it’s available, I don’t think in an arena tour that would be the case with cheaper tickets.
    I do not se it that way, sorry, I have a friend from viena who traveld the past tours who says I'm out, this band is only taking money from the cashcows and disrespecting us as fans. I have a friend here from germany who says ... I can't buy ga tickets without a membership ... so who are u2? I have my memories.
    but if enough people are stupide enough to go with totally overdawn prices ... they should
  6. but we'll see how it's gonna work... Usually viagogo is shown at top even above official seller
  7. Originally posted by Toxic:[..]
    I do not se it that way, sorry, I have a friend from viena who traveld the past tours who says I'm out, this band is only taking money from the cashcows and disrespecting us as fans. I have a friend here from germany who says ... I can't buy ga tickets without a membership ... so who are u2? I have my memories.
    but if enough people are stupide enough to go with totally overdawn prices ... they should
    I think not being able to buy Ga without a membership is completely fair and logical, Ga shouldn’t make the public sale, if you’re a big fan it makes sense to be a member. I think it’s also judgemental and unfair of you to call people stupid for paying whatever they see fit to pay. I do accept the prices are steep for the highest price seats however GA for me is still a bargain, I don’t earn a lot of money so I’m not saying this as someone in a privileged position, last year I would have loved to attend both twickenham shows but my financial position was worse off so I get to 1 which I felt very lucky for seeing, this year I can afford two shows at Ga price if I had to pay for the top seats I would have went to 1 show and not complained about it.
  8. I'm a subscriber,but I've no interest in GA as I don't like standing at shows,does that make me less of a fan?!

More seriously,my subscription allows me a chance to have a crack at cheaper seating options,which generally aren't available by the time general sales happen.U2 tickets are increasingly becoming beyond my means due to real life considerations like kids,bills etc,but I'm also conscious that opportunities to see them are probably diminishing as the years pass.It makes for difficult decisions sometimes!I had to pass on the 2015 tour as I had better uses for the money,and I'm sure others must be in the same boat.
  9. Originally posted by BelfastBoy:I'm a subscriber,but I've no interest in GA as I don't like standing at shows,does that make me less of a fan?!

More seriously,my subscription allows me a chance to have a crack at cheaper seating options,which generally aren't available by the time general sales happen.U2 tickets are increasingly becoming beyond my means due to real life considerations like kids,bills etc,but I'm also conscious that opportunities to see them are probably diminishing as the years pass.It makes for difficult decisions sometimes!I had to pass on the 2015 tour as I had better uses for the money,and I'm sure others must be in the same boat.
    Yeah so having a membership also makes it easier to get these cheaper seats as well which is great as it’s proving it’s worth. I think what you’ve said is very fair I just think others who word things a bit stronger need to realise it’s a luxury. We can all complain about things we can’t afford and I get that fans who maybe can’t afford even the cheapest seats are disappointed or prioritise more important things, family etc but unfortunately that’s life and I don’t mean that to sound harsh I mean that as a literal statement, there will always be things in life we want that we can’t afford or we chose not to buy.
  10. Originally posted by BelfastBoy:I'm a subscriber,but I've no interest in GA as I don't like standing at shows,does that make me less of a fan?!

You aren't the only one I know willing to turn their back this year.