1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah so having a membership also makes it easier to get these cheaper seats as well which is great as it’s proving it’s worth. I think what you’ve said is very fair I just think others who word things a bit stronger need to realise it’s a luxury. We can all complain about things we can’t afford and I get that fans who maybe can’t afford even the cheapest seats are disappointed or prioritise more important things, family etc but unfortunately that’s life and I don’t mean that to sound harsh I mean that as a literal statement, there will always be things in life we want that we can’t afford or we chose not to buy.
    Good post.Thing is,U2's very cheapest seats are comparable with other acts,but there just aren't too many of them,so often what's there as 'best available' is already beyond someone's means if they're being sensible/realistic.To give a personal example,I'm in the Innocence group and I was only going to try for £36 or £75 seats for Belfast.I accessed my presale at 9am exactly and got in straight away,but never got a whiff of £36 ones at all.They must've all gone in the Experience presale.So I got £75 seats that actually should be pretty good,but its still £163 for my 'free' print-at-home tickets once all the handling and facility bullshit charges are added.Not the best use of my money but I can just about afford to see my favourite band in my home city at last!

I view my membership as a means of at least giving me a chance of seeing U2 live.Of course its a luxury,but its the opportunity to choose that Im paying for.Out of curiosity I tried both Belfast general sales and only could've got the £185 tickets,which I could never justify.
  2. fun fact: sector 417 in O2:
    2015 - £ 55.00
    2018 - £ 208.50

(2015 - I was there for 6th show, 2018 - still available for second show)
  3. 7th show? Was there a secret gig?
  4. 6th - sorry (should have written "the last one" and i would be clear lol)

but it's 379% higher price for that block...
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    6th - sorry (should have written "the last one" and i would be clear lol)

but it's 379% higher price for that block...
    Yep, same for many other shows. Insane.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah so having a membership also makes it easier to get these cheaper seats as well which is great as it’s proving it’s worth. I think what you’ve said is very fair I just think others who word things a bit stronger need to realise it’s a luxury. We can all complain about things we can’t afford and I get that fans who maybe can’t afford even the cheapest seats are disappointed or prioritise more important things, family etc but unfortunately that’s life and I don’t mean that to sound harsh I mean that as a literal statement, there will always be things in life we want that we can’t afford or we chose not to buy.
    I thinks that’s BS personally. To me the fans are getting milked for every penny they have. And damn, Pearl Jam fans are complaining that PREMIUM fan club tickets are $125 each this year compared to the usual $90 that’s almost 60% cheaper. I’m sorry there’s no reasoning for this. It’s disgusting to me and what’s even worse is as the shows draw closer, those empty seats will be offered at a deep discount to fill up the arena. So in reality, casuals will pay less.
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I thinks that’s BS personally. To me the fans are getting milked for every penny they have. And damn, Pearl Jam fans are complaining that PREMIUM fan club tickets are $125 each this year compared to the usual $90 that’s almost 60% cheaper. I’m sorry there’s no reasoning for this. It’s disgusting to me and what’s even worse is as the shows draw closer, those empty seats will be offered at a deep discount to fill up the arena. So in reality, casuals will pay less.
    Disgusting is kids starving in Africa, or the amount of homeless people in the world or some of the criminal acts people commit. Disgusting is nothing to do with the price of a concert. As I said before it’s fair enough to say I can’t afford that or don’t want to pay that but to go further and make a concert about some moral obligation to charge a certain price is laughable. I don’t think the casuals will pay less either as most fans will be a u2.com subscriber able to purchase the cheaper ticket options and not the highest price seats that are the ones which will be reduced, at this stage if you’re a big fan there’s really not much reason not to have a membership unless you’re either not bothered if you get a ticket or not or you’re confident in getting something nearer the time and happy to take your chances. Anyway that detracts from the real point which is the way some people are reacting to the price of a ticket which is ridiculous at best.
  8. disgusting can be anything. Maybe the whole pricing thing is not even that far away from kids starving in Africa. Maybe it's all about greed and kapitalism taking over. And it certainly can take away from the music or from sports or whatever. Not for everyone, but for some it does.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Disgusting is kids starving in Africa, or the amount of homeless people in the world or some of the criminal acts people commit. Disgusting is nothing to do with the price of a concert. As I said before it’s fair enough to say I can’t afford that or don’t want to pay that but to go further and make a concert about some moral obligation to charge a certain price is laughable. I don’t think the casuals will pay less either as most fans will be a u2.com subscriber able to purchase the cheaper ticket options and not the highest price seats that are the ones which will be reduced, at this stage if you’re a big fan there’s really not much reason not to have a membership unless you’re either not bothered if you get a ticket or not or you’re confident in getting something nearer the time and happy to take your chances. Anyway that detracts from the real point which is the way some people are reacting to the price of a ticket which is ridiculous at best.
    I don’t get this at all. I cant see how you can defend them charging almost $400 per ticket. When scalpers do it it’s wrong but when the band dies it it’s ok? Disgusting can be whatever disgusts me. And billionaire rock stars charging fans $400 per ticket for mid level seating disgusts me. To each his own.
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:disgusting can be anything. Maybe the whole pricing thing is not even that far away from kids starving in Africa. Maybe it's all about greed and kapitalism taking over. And it certainly can take away from the music or from sports or whatever. Not for everyone, but for some it does.
    Well it doesn’t say much about someone if they’re view of disgusting is the price of a ticket. It’s not like by reducing ticket prices we’re going to reduce poverty so the notion that it can be comparable or directly linked to kids starving in Africa is well off the mark for me. All it comes across as is people moaning when they go on about ticket prices, I’m not talking about the people having a sensible debate and saying I think the prices are a bit steep, putting me off attending, or words to that effect but if you’re going to start using words like disgusting, disgrace, and they sort of phrases it’s just moaning for the sake of moaning. To comment on the above post when scalpers do it I don’t agree with it I think they’re chancers and I wouldn’t do it myself but I wouldn’t call them disgraceful I just would rather take the option out of there hands and put laws in place but I don’t think it makes them awful human beings. This will be my last post on the matter anyway, I’ve always agreed that the prices are expensive but I think some people’s reaction is in poor taste.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well it doesn’t say much about someone if they’re view of disgusting is the price of a ticket. It’s not like by reducing ticket prices we’re going to reduce poverty so the notion that it can be comparable or directly linked to kids starving in Africa is well off the mark for me. All it comes across as is people moaning when they go on about ticket prices, I’m not talking about the people having a sensible debate and saying I think the prices are a bit steep, putting me off attending, or words to that effect but if you’re going to start using words like disgusting, disgrace, and they sort of phrases it’s just moaning for the sake of moaning. To comment on the above post when scalpers do it I don’t agree with it I think they’re chancers and I wouldn’t do it myself but I wouldn’t call them disgraceful I just would rather take the option out of there hands and put laws in place but I don’t think it makes them awful human beings. This will be my last post on the matter anyway, I’ve always agreed that the prices are expensive but I think some people’s reaction is in poor taste.
    Jeez. So no complaining about anything until every world problem is solved I guess. I don’t have a right to be disgusted by something as long as there are starving children in the world. Gotcha
  12. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Jeez. So no complaining about anything until every world problem is solved I guess. I don’t have a right to be disgusted by something as long as there are starving children in the world. Gotcha
    I never said you couldn’t complain I just don’t agree with the way it’s been done and the extent of it. Doesn’t mean I can stop you or want to stop you just means I don’t agree with your outlook.