1. the washinton past ranked all the performances from best to worst? u2 on an 8th place..for what its worth (nothing I guess)
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I really like GOOYOW but I’m loving the live performances even more. I like how Bono’s voice isn’t as polished live, I think edge is sounding great live and I think the band look really into it in general.
    Yeah, the album version has a little too much polish for me. I like Edge's little outro solo quite a bit and it's catchy but it doesn't do much for me, really (the only song on the album that doesn't click with me, for the record). But the live version feels more 'real' I guess and is better. This one definitely surpassed the BBC performance.
  3. I liked the GOOYOW performance - I wonder if they will do anything with 'American Soul' (assuming they ended up doing a polished final version on the barge). GOOYOW into AS on e+i will work great.

I think the megaphone Beatitudes segment bodes well for the tour - I'm guessing Bono will probably write some new ones throughout the course of the tour as a certain person continues to spout his hatred and nonsense.
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:I liked the GOOYOW performance - I wonder if they will do anything with 'American Soul' (assuming they ended up doing a polished final version on the barge). GOOYOW into AS on e+i will work great.

I think the megaphone Beatitudes segment bodes well for the tour - I'm guessing Bono will probably write some new ones throughout the course of the tour as a certain person continues to spout his hatred and nonsense.
    I really hope they do GOOYOW into AS... They're meant to be that way. Anything other dilutes both. Methinks so anyway...
  5. I agree, that needs to be a duo that lasts for the duration of the E&I tour.
  6. and give us a taste of volcano in american soul
  7. Just drop American soul from any setlists already
  8. Originally posted by Caledonia:I liked the GOOYOW performance - I wonder if they will do anything with 'American Soul' (assuming they ended up doing a polished final version on the barge). GOOYOW into AS on e+i will work great.

...GOOYOW with megaphone could melt into the coughing intro of HOLD ME THRILL ME ....a good rock track to keep up the crowd
  9. Or GOOYOW megaphone can melt into the timeless and brilliant UTEOTW
  10. I think there’s plenty of songs that would work well after GOOYOW but this is the tour for American soul. It’s not my favourite on the album but a new tour is about new songs. Amongst my favourite tour shows are always the ones where the album they’re promoting is featured heavily, that’s what makes the shows unique.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:I think there’s plenty of songs that would work well after GOOYOW but this is the tour for American soul. It’s not my favourite on the album but a new tour is about new songs. Amongst my favourite tour shows are always the ones where the album they’re promoting is featured heavily, that’s what makes the shows unique.
    Agreed 100%!!! They have so much new stuff that they need to play as much of it as possible.
  12. Dig the song, don't dig the verse->pre-chorus transition from an arrangement standpoint. I hate how you expect a big explosion after "listen to this, oh!" and it goes into the sort of quiet "get out of your own way" part. I wish that part was louder.