Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    It could be that and to re coup the 'street value' of a ticket. There is no reason why Secondary sellers should profit from a show they had nothing to do in the creation with.
    Yes I guess people who buy and sell cars at a profit or homes or stocks without actually physically creating value are such bad people too

2. I think there’s more to it than an everything is great mentality. The problem with the ticket pricing issue us we could go round in circles with the same arguments and ultimately it becomes pointless after a while. There’s not many people that disagree with the view that the tickets are expensive, particularly when there’s so many of them at top price. The thing is that it will bother some people and not bother others, and whilst people have a right to say it’s ridiculous others also have the right to say I’m not bothered. Most u2.com members probably wouldn’t have to resort to the top price tickets anyway and honestly if I thought u2 alone could do something about expensive tickets I’d get behind the cause but I really think putting laws in place is the only way we’ll stop these high prices because it’s the only way of getting rid of scalpers. I don’t think that will happen though so under current laws I’d rather u2 were getting the money than scalpers, even if it does make them look bad and people aren’t happy about it.
  3. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Yes I guess people who buy and sell cars at a profit or homes or stocks without actually physically creating value are such bad people too
    Yea I’m sure u2 bottom line really suffered the past decade with scalpers in the mix
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Tickets are more expensive in general, but you're right pointing out that it's just a couple of big names who price them as absurdly as we are seeing. Don't forget the Stones. And others like Van Morrison, Bob Dylan and similar acts are going the same path, although in their case it's even worse since there's not even a cheap GA to get!

You shouldn't stay away from here (or anywhere else) btw, why should you? U2 are an important part of your life and you have all your right to express your disappointment with their music and/or the way they run their business. Just don't engage with the "happiness & flowers" bunch who'll bash your negative opinions and all will be fine.
    I hear ya! Thanks for that. Just got tired of arguing my opinion.
  5. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    The only thing I'd say to that is usually people put some work into houses or cars when they resell. These scalpers are assholes who scoop up tickets and sell someone else's work for a profit. I'm extremely pissed that I couldn't get tickets two tours in a row now.
  6. Please see the following topic here, for a continuation of the discussion on ticket prices / etc.

Thanks for getting us back on topic Remy!
  7. Do you guys thinks that U2's could play Hawkmoon269 or Tomorrow?

i'm going crazy if that would happen
  8. comedy hour soon comes around doesn't it
  9. Maybe they go to Tulsa earlier. Or some other place in Canada.

These rehearsals are meant to be with the stage, so Nice is probably not an option.