Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:What's the stance with American Soul in Europe? It's a huge part of the show, but seeing as it won't be in America, will they drop it?
    It will stay, they’ve always played other American related songs here. Only change will be Summer of Love in place of Staring.
  2. I initially thought American Soul would stay but with the band talking about playing red Flag Day and Summer Of Love in Europe I would be surprised at the number of SOE songs being so high, happily surprised but still surprised. I reckon American Soul and SATS could both go and I think they might throw in a classic (along with pride not instead of) in that previously American themed section. Maybe 2-3 changes from the American shows overall and different visuals I’d imagine.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I initially thought American Soul would stay but with the band talking about playing red Flag Day and Summer Of Love in Europe I would be surprised at the number of SOE songs being so high, happily surprised but still surprised. I reckon American Soul and SATS could both go and I think they might throw in a classic (along with pride not instead of) in that previously American themed section. Maybe 2-3 changes from the American shows overall and different visuals I’d imagine.
    I would think SATS will stay... It could lead in to SOL.
  4. American Soul won't be dropped. They haven't dropped other US related songs in Europe before so why start now? They might change the "You are America blah blah" bit but they'll keep the song. Plus doesn't it fade into COBL too?
  5. I heard it twice already. I say drop it. No one else matters
    /jk
  6. The only setlist change for Europe will be a new title for American Soul, European soul.
  7. I really hope Acrobat stays but it almost seems like Bono was getting tired of it. If they do drop it (please don't) maybe another rare song (Like a Song) could take its place
  8. I think SATS will make an appearance in Ireland at least [ North and South ] or even better resurrect Please? Brexit is an utterly toxic affair
    [ particularly as it applies to the North of Ireland Border ] so it has to stay, preferably with something earnest and sincere re: compromise. Please not Showman. And I honestly don't see Am Soul working in Europe.
  9. Originally posted by sharvey4994:I really hope Acrobat stays but it almost seems like Bono was getting tired of it. If they do drop it (please don't) maybe another rare song (Like a Song) could take its place
    However, Acrobat is an important part of the narrative / setlist along with the MacPhisto monologue thing. I'm confident it will stay in Europe.
  10. Please would work so well for the European leg. Obviously they won't play it
  11. Originally posted by SJKamal:American Soul won't be dropped. They haven't dropped other US related songs in Europe before so why start now? They might change the "You are America blah blah" bit but they'll keep the song. Plus doesn't it fade into COBL too?
    Hands That Built America for IE. It was replaced by Zooropa