1. With 2 shows down, some may be wondering (as am I) what’s the best place to stand for a GA ticket holder. Main stage? Walkway (middle)? or Stage B (e stage)? What’s the best place for the ultimate U2 experience after spending hours in the admission line?
  2. I haven't seen a show live yet (that will nearly be another 6 months). But after looking at YouTube & Periscope, my take would be;

Normally I'd recommend main stage. But maybe not for for this tour. As the band are spreading there love further afield, at the expensive of the main stage (a bit more time on the catwalk this tour & the satellite stages at the back of RZ).

Though the main stage would still be no. 1 for time spent there. For Bono it's about 40% there, for the other band members more (particularly Larry & Adam). The time on the main stage is spread out to include quite a bit of the first set (though the response to some of this part of the show has been divisive), & particularly the final seven songs of the show.

The catwalk is the improver. A little more action here, but importantly the technology has been improved, so it's easier (at times) to see the band when they are between the two primary stages. Though being right up against the catwalk still makes it tough to see the screen when it's raised right up in the air.

The e-stage is similar to last time. Though one improvement here is that this time there isn't a long stretch at the start of the show without visuals (where it was tough to see what was happening in the main stage). It's also easier to see some of the catwalk-screen action from the e-stage this time. There are also improvements to the lighting & visual technology used on the e-stage. Just be aware, that like i+e, there is virtually no action on the e-stage for the last seven songs of the show. So be prepared to move after the acoustic set.

Which is best? Who knows?

If you want an overall view of the show, then mid-catwalk, off the rail. Or even near one of the satellite stages, at the back of RZ. So you get an overall view of the show, but still get very close to a band member for one song.

If you need to be close to the band for a fairly large portion of the show, then still main stage. Depending on where you are, views of the screen may be limited.

Very, very close to the band (though for a shorter duration), then e-stage. May have limited views of the screen from here.

If you're very tall & can see over others, then the catwalk may give you views of both stages, & get you very close to the band at times. Though it will be tough to see the visuals. A little off the catwalk to improve the view of the visuals.

I'm not very tall. So everywhere is a struggle to see an entire show, unlike Elevation/Vertigo/360's outer rail & TJT's Tree stage.
  3. Originally posted by ddarroch:I haven't seen a show live yet (that will nearly be another 6 months). But after looking at YouTube & Periscope, my take would be;

Normally I'd recommend main stage. But maybe not for for this tour. As the band are spreading there love further afield, at the expensive of the main stage (a bit more time on the catwalk this tour & the satellite stages at the back of RZ).

Though the main stage would still be no. 1 for time spent there. For Bono it's about 40% there, for the other band members more (particularly Larry & Adam). The time on the main stage is spread out to include quite a bit of the first set (though the response to some of this part of the show has been divisive), & particularly the final seven songs of the show.

The catwalk is the improver. A little more action here, but importantly the technology has been improved, so it's easier (at times) to see the band when they are between the two primary stages. Though being right up against the catwalk still makes it tough to see the screen when it's raised right up in the air.

The e-stage is similar to last time. Though one improvement here is that this time there isn't a long stretch at the start of the show without visuals (where it was tough to see what was happening in the main stage). It's also easier to see some of the catwalk-screen action from the e-stage this time. There are also improvements to the lighting & visual technology used on the e-stage. Just be aware, that like i+e, there is virtually no action on the e-stage for the last seven songs of the show. So be prepared to move after the acoustic set.

Which is best? Who knows?

If you want an overall view of the show, then mid-catwalk, off the rail. Or even near one of the satellite stages, at the back of RZ. So you get an overall view of the show, but still get very close to a band member for one song.

If you need to be close to the band for a fairly large portion of the show, then still main stage. Depending on where you are, views of the screen may be limited.

Very, very close to the band (though for a shorter duration), then e-stage. May have limited views of the screen from here.

If you're very tall & can see over others, then the catwalk may give you views of both stages, & get you very close to the band at times. Though it will be tough to see the visuals. A little off the catwalk to improve the view of the visuals.

I'm not very tall. So everywhere is a struggle to see an entire show, unlike Elevation/Vertigo/360's outer rail & TJT's Tree stage.
    What’s the thing about the “satellite stages” at RZ? Is this something new compared with 2015?
  4. I wonder if there is possible to move around during the show like it was on i+e or if it's more crowded now...
    In 2015 it was good to start in the middle of catwalk a little further to see visuals and during MW to move to e-stage where we were in like 4th row and really close to the band.
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:I wonder if there is possible to move around during the show like it was on i+e or if it's more crowded now...
    In 2015 it was good to start in the middle of catwalk a little further to see visuals and during MW to move to e-stage where we were in like 4th row and really close to the band.

I think it depends from venue to venue, but US Floors are mostly smaller and less crowded than europe, where GA-Floors can be very large and really packed.

6. Yeah, two new small stages, just for one song.

If you want to see a YouTube video of that song being played, showing the location of these stages, click on the link below,

Spoiler (click to toggle)

Near the bottom of the screen you can see Edge leave the e-stage stairs, go around behind GA, & down the sideline to his satellite stage. You can see Adam on his little stage, just about behind the screen.

7. Originally posted by Lobmans:[..]

I think it depends from venue to venue, but US Floors are mostly smaller and less crowded than europe, where GA-Floors can be very large and really packed.
    I was in Europe and had no problem with that...
  8. I always stand on the outer fringe...plenty of room to move about and can get a decent stage view as well as the screens
  9. Yeah, I did it for one show in London, no problems either. 2/3 of the show at the e-stage, then as October was about to finish I moved up to the middle of GA. No worries for London, tonnes of room.
  10. It all depends. If you do one show, go back in GA in the center and experience the screen, both stages and everything. The screen is used way more than in 2015 this time. Or go side center at e-stage either side to still see the screen, have the band up close and see the main stage in the distance.

If you do several, mix it up. Do one e-stage, do one main stage and if you do even more you can also do one a bit back.
  11. For i&e I did at the outside barrier of the red zone on edge’s side as I could only afford one show. It was perfect positioning.
  12. Originally posted by shappers72:For i&e I did at the outside barrier of the red zone on edge’s side as I could only afford one show. It was perfect positioning.
    That is a perfect spot for one show indeed, and because you have the barrier its easy for the body too