1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Hence the reason I don't get the putting your life on hold 3 days before the show being held hostage to becoming a number and checking in regularly...

I've always enjoyed the freedom to move about and check out the show from different vantage points. It gives you fresh perspectives, different angles, you can find the sound sweet spot of the venue. And always be close, with a great view. It's a bummer Europe isn't set up this way. Do they just cram as many people on the floor as they can there?

I mean, if you enjoy the stress of reporting to the line monitor, being at their beck and call, being pinned to the stage craning your neck to look straight up at the screen in hopes The Edge will drop a drip of sweat on you... hey, I'm not judging. Different strokes for different folks!
    The floors are definitely more packed in Europe than in the US, as there is less of a safety concern. Regulations here in the US are more strict for these kind of things. But for some shows in Europe it's still great to move around.

People in Europe are also more pushy in general, I like GA way more in the US.

As for queuing, for me its also very much a social thing. Meeting up with friends, talking with them all day, hanging out in the sun. Like one big camping. Plus I really like a rail spot personally, as that is so much easier for the body and much more comfortable. Plus it makes my photos better with no one in front of it.

That said, if you don't want to queue or don't care for rail, walking around is great
  2. Hi first time doing GA. Do you get to keep your ticket after you get your wristband? Or do they take the ticket off you and replace it with a wristband only?
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:Hi first time doing GA. Do you get to keep your ticket after you get your wristband? Or do they take the ticket off you and replace it with a wristband only?
    You can keep your ticket
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:Hi first time doing GA. Do you get to keep your ticket after you get your wristband? Or do they take the ticket off you and replace it with a wristband only?
    You'll be able to keep both. You'll just need to show ticket for proof you are actually on floor to get your wristband...
  5. Cool thanks. Im one of those who like to keep their tickets for memories etc.